Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
Got the second Moderna shot yesterday and definitely feel off today. Nothing horrible but almost like the day after you work out for the first time in a long time. No fever and no headache but a little achy. Started the morning off feeling hot and now I’m cold.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Got the second Moderna shot yesterday and definitely feel off today. Nothing horrible but almost like the day after you work out for the first time in a long time. No fever and no headache but a little achy. Started the morning off feeling hot and now I’m cold.

I get my second next week but kind of concerned if it even affects Superman. At least it has not reached kryptonite levels yet.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
As some have previsouly speculated:

Pfizer’s chief executive said that people everywhere are likely to need a third dose of covid-19 vaccine within 12 months, with annual boosters for the foreseeable future to keep abreast of viral variants. His remarks, made on April 1st, were disclosed yesterday. The White House said that America is already preparing for the need to administer booster shots.

I think that should be something to prep for but hopefully things hold up so maybe only the most vulnerable would need these and the Moderna updates. Be nice if they somehow made it official for folks who've had Covid just get one shot unless conditions lead to needing two.

Of course some bonehead outlet yesterday said 'every 6 months' which contradicts studies.

Nice way to fan the 'why even bother?' flames.

Reactions: CascadeClone

SDCyclonesFamily

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 21, 2016
Second shot at 8am this morning. Chills started at 4pm today. No fever or headache so I'll put that in the win column for now. First shot, the side effects didn't start until 12 hours after I had it, lasted 12 hours and then I was just tired from not sleeping. I am only 6.5 weeks out from having COVID though so none of this is a surprise to me.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

The Naval study followed about 3,000 U.S. Marines, most of them men ages 18 to 20. Antibody tests showed that 189 of them had had a COVID-19 infection in the past.

After a six-week quarantine, all the Marines were followed for another six weeks. Among the 189 with a past infection, 19 of them tested positive for COVID-19 infection at least once, although they had few or no symptoms. That 10% reinfection rate — which is much higher than in other studies — reflects the crowded living conditions on a military base and the close contact of basic training, the researchers noted.

Good luck convincing those that have already had covid to get a vaccine when this is what to expect without vaccinating.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Heard about the worst reaction of a person I know last night. Friend was talking about his MIL got her second shot (I forget which one), but joints have become messed up and also some issues with her upper body muscles. Been in PT for a week and has 3 more slated. Can’t work due to this either. Guy was deeply concerned for his MIL. I would estimate her at mid 60s.

• Wow

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Second Moderna knocked me out. Fever, chills, body aches, and headache. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal tomorrow. Meanwhile my wife also got the vaccine and just had a little arm soreness

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm and Acylum

August

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2018
Colorado
First Moderna shot had no issues. Second Moderna shot was yesterday morning. No issues yesterday. Chills and body aches today but no fever and no headaches. Wife had Pfizer and only mild fatigue for both first or second shot.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Got my second Moderna last night. Arm is sore today and I might be a bit more tired than usual, but it's hard to tell if I'm just talking myself into it ;). I've used it as an excuse to do nothing today, but I would have been fine had I really had something to do.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
With these current strains maybe

This is the information that should have been blasted loudly to promote vaccine take up so people can know what the outcome and benefits can be. That and studies about transmission/viral load being cut down.

In their study of recovered COVID-19 patients, the researchers determined that SARS-CoV-2-specific CD8+ T-cell responses remained largely intact and could recognize virtually all mutations in the variants studied. While larger studies are needed, the researchers note that their findings suggest that the T cell response in convalescent individuals, and most likely in vaccinees, are largely not affected by the mutations found in these three variants, and should offer protection against emerging variants.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I am 60 and keep putting the shingles shot off. My three brothers and sister who have gotten it all sick as dogs for several days. None of them reacted to Pfizer or Moderna though and they are all older than me so have gotten both doses.
I had it last fall. Am in my 50's. Basically a really sore arm and that was about it for me. You don't want to get shingles! Get the shot!

• Agree
Reactions: ruflosn and Acylum

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ended up adding a short fever to my symptoms, I’ve got a sore shoulder still and apparently swollen lymph nodes on my shoulder collarbone. Hoping that goes away soon as it’s very sore.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Second Pfizer Friday morning.

Couldn't locate the injection site Saturday morning.

Science!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron