****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Do people seriously want TJ as our next coach? Imo it'd be a disaster. He is 25-25 at UNLV so far. His last year at South Dakota State he was a 7 seed in the NIT with Mike Daum and David Jenkins on the roster. He's a good recruiter, but not a good coach imo.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Do people seriously want TJ as our next coach? Imo it'd be a disaster. He is 25-25 at UNLV so far. His last year at South Dakota State he was a 7 seed in the NIT with Mike Daum and David Jenkins on the roster. He's a good recruiter, but not a good coach imo.

People just be picking any thread to share their thoughts on the next HC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I think we should be able to do better than Otz. I doubt any other schools are even interested in him at this point.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Not only that......Jenkins transferred to UNLV and along with Grill and three other starters from last year of the 5 games they have won in conference this year, 4 are against teams with a combined 3-25 record(thanks to another poster for that info). That is getting awfully close to what everyone wants to part ways with IMO. And if JP goes that route...Malone says it best:

Also, if it’s Otz then Pollard hasn’t learned a damn thing from the Prohm disaster. It’s a re-tread of a minimally experienced coach that recruits well but hasn’t actually proven to be a good coach or program builder. Familiarity and comfort level are not acceptable reasons for JP to hire a coach. It’s lazy and dumb when there are many better candidates.

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Time to get a new coach from the Midwest, and time to start recruiting the Midwest hard again. Having a mid major coach from down south that is recruiting mid major players from down south needs to be over and done with.
A very interesting thought, that prompted me to look into it.

Southern Players:
Dudley- too soon
Walker- too soon
Tre Jackson- mid major offense, P6 defense
Luke Anderson- mid major
Leech- I don’t know what to make of him
Jackobly Long- mid major
Lard- P6

Midwest:
Foster- too soon
Grill- mid major
Tyrese- P6
THT- P6
Zion- mid major
Conditt- mid major
Lewis- offense P6, defense mid major

To me it’s less of a Midwest/south problem and more general problem.
Disclaimer: I know a bunch of people have different definitions of the Midwest and south so I just did mine

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co

Southern Players:
Dudley- too soon
Walker- too soon
Luke Anderson- mid major
Jackobly Long- mid major
Lard- P6

Midwest:
Foster- too soon
Grill- mid major
Tyrese- P6
THT- P6
Zion- mid major
Conditt- mid major

Disclaimer: I know a bunch of people have different definitions of the Midwest and south so I just did mine

looking at this list just goes to show you that he cannot coach to player’s strength.

Reactions: Cytown12

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Southern Players:
Dudley- too soon
Walker- too soon
Luke Anderson- mid major
Jackobly Long- mid major
Lard- P6

Midwest:
Foster- too soon
Grill- mid major
Tyrese- P6
THT- P6
Zion- mid major
Conditt- mid major

To the bolded: Is it really?

Also did not see your assessment of Dubar.

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
To the bolded: Is it really?

Also did not see your assessment of Dubar.
In my opinion it is too early. I mean in recent times you have Naz and Matt who weren’t super good freshmen year then developed. And on the other side you have like Zion and Lewis. That leads me to say it’s too soon.

As for Dubar, I left him out because I don’t consider him from the south (like I said others may though)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron