Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I'm just tired of the narrative. It's fine to want him gone but not everything must be qualified with a Prohm undercut. Not necessarily accusing you personally, I just think it's more than obvious he's going to be parting ways. I would be shocked if he's retained.

You probably shouldn’t come to a message board when a team it having a historically bad season two year in a row if you don’t want to read people wanting the coach fired.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Half the posters on here would have nothing to post about if they couldn't complain about Steve. I mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, unless the next coach is somehow able to put the Clones in the top 25 next year, we are going to keep hearing it.
If the next coach goes 6-12 in the Big 12 next year he will be hailed as a savior.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
If the next coach goes 6-12 in the Big 12 next year he will be hailed as a savior.

That would be more wins then the last two years combined. Honestly the only expectation for next year will be to lay the foundation and identity moving forward. If they win a total of 10 games next year it will be a major success.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
That would be more wins then the last two years combined. Honestly the only expectation for next year will be to lay the foundation and identity moving forward. If they win a total of 10 games next year it will be a major success.
Agreed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Personally I've always found the first year under a new coach to be a really exciting time in the life of the overall program, and I don't expect that to be any different next season for me.

For all of the scorn I've piled on Greg McDermott's time here his first season was actually his best one, at least in terms of his conference record (6-10, then 4-12 every other season). We even won a road game at Missouri, which was awesome since I f*cking hate Missouri.

Fred's first team was nothing to write home about, but we were for the most part competitive and with some wins over teams like Nebraska and a decent Colorado team that was on the bubble for a good part of that season you could see the future under Fred.

Prohm's first season was obviously a good one.

I would be perfectly fine with 10 wins and a team that shows some improvement throughout the season and gives me some hope for the future next season.

Reactions: rochclone

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
No, "fans" like you, especially you will still be dogging on CSP for any future team's shortcomings for the next 5 or 6 years.

You are a true champion of ISU athletic support and seem like a cool guy.

Isn’t that exactly what people did to Hoiberg for the first five years of Prohm’s tenure?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
No, "fans" like you, especially you will still be dogging on CSP for any future team's shortcomings for the next 5 or 6 years.

Fans never complained about what McDermott left when Fred took over because Fred won. Fans never complained about Orr left when Floyd took over because Floyd won. Fans never complained about what Floyd left when Eustachy took over because Larry won. Good coaches don’t finish 9th or 10th in the Big 12 in 3 out of 4 years. That simply doesn’t happen.
If 5-6 players depart the incoming coach will have an extremely difficult task. But the reality is that if that coach is a good one we will see progress.
But I have seen far too many posters use Fred’s lack of recruiting in 2014 and 15 as the reason for Prohm’s shortcomings in 2020. It’s interesting that those same people would be offended by having that same excuse used for the next coach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Fans never complained about what McDermott left when Fred took over because Fred won. Fans never complained about Orr left when Floyd took over because Floyd won. Fans never complained about what Floyd left when Eustachy took over because Larry won. Good coaches don’t finish 9th or 10th in the Big 12 in 3 out of 4 years. That simply doesn’t happen.
If 5-6 players depart the incoming coach will have an extremely difficult task. But the reality is that if that coach is a good one we will see progress.
But I have seen far too many posters use Fred’s lack of recruiting in 2014 and 15 as the reason for Prohm’s shortcomings in 2020. It’s interesting that those same people would be offended by having that same excuse used for the next coach.

Floyd had a really bad year. Larry had several really bad years.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

I honestly don't think that anyone blamed 2020 on Fred. I recall that being used by CSP haters as something that CSP defenders said, but don't really ever remember them saying it.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I honestly don't think that anyone blamed 2020 on Fred. I recall that being used by CSP haters as something that CSP defenders said, but don't really ever remember them saying it.

I was a huge Prohm defender and I didn't blame 2020 on Hoiberg. I think I defended Prohm in 2019 when we earned a 6 seed in the tournament and won the Big 12 tournament as a successful season. I defended Prohm in 2018 as I think that was the season that you could put some blame on the previous coaching staff for a lack of recruiting their last 2 years in power.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Just watched the presser from today and Randy’s question on the status of the program, speaking to Jamie, etc. It was just awkward to see CSP try to answer that, something clearly isn’t right.

Randy makes everything awkward but....

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Anyone else notice in the video that they basically are not practicing the two days before Baylor? I’m no bball coach but that seems counterproductive

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Half the posters on here would have nothing to post about if they couldn't complain about Steve. I mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, unless the next coach is somehow able to put the Clones in the top 25 next year, we are going to keep hearing it.

what should people be talking about regarding MBB?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

you mean like the absurd Hoiberg didn’t leave Prohm a quality 7th man for his second season troop screwing Prohm troupe? Give me an effing break.