• Give Prohm one more year

Votes: 52 13.4%
  • Prohm is doing a good job

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
There is a 0% chance he's fired mid-season and that look would be unbelievably bad optics to every possible coaching replacement we're looking to hire.
How so?????? What is so bad for a future coach to know that getting your ass handed to you by 39 points, 21 points, 27 points, etc ( I only went back the last few games ) could lead to you not keeping your job?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
How so?????? What is so bad for a future coach to know that getting your ass handed to you by 39 points, 21 points, 27 points, etc ( I only went back the last few games ) could lead to you not keeping your job?

Would you want to go work for a program that fired the guy before you four weeks before the season was over during a pandemic? You tell me what the benefit is of firing him right now. You honestly think we'll get anywhere search wise before the season is over? Honest question...I just don't see any benefit for firing him now. Change my mind.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It looks bad. It doesn’t do you any good. It’s not like TJ will be able to show up until March.

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How is it different than letting Rhoads go during the season?

That was the end of the season. 1 game left. There’s a month left. No one is going to take the job in Feb.

Reactions: cyputz

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Would you want to go work for a program that fired the guy before you four weeks before the season was over during a pandemic? You tell me what the benefit is of firing him right now. You honestly think we'll get anywhere search wise before the season is over? Honest question...I just don't see any benefit for firing him now. Change my mind.
What would you think if you interviewed for a job and found out the management had kept your predecessor around to make the mess you’re being hired to clean up worse than it had to be? I’d see that as a negative. I’d rather see a commitment to success.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Lots of people get fired for not doing their job. If I don't do mine I should be fired as well.
And the pandemic excuse doesn't hold. The other team tonight and all the other teams this year are also in the same pandemic.

Pull the trigger now = more time on the market to research and find the best next man in that we can.
Pull the trigger now or watch how many season ticket holder just don't care to renew and drive your budget down even further for who knows how long.
Pull the trigger now to give a ray of hope or a guarantee of change to your fan base and donors.

Keep him = see how deep we can dig a hole.