Texas post mortem/former player tweet thread

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I’m not saying I’m not loving this or that I don’t want it. And I’m not talking about our season or the Big 12 season. The college football season (as well as NFL, MLB, NBA) are all asterisk seasons.
I agree with NHL/NBA. The format of their season/playoffs materially changed. Nothing has changed with the Big 12. It's a round robin.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014

Start at 5:30:00 in the video. You'll have to watch/listen a little bit to get to it, but I don't think you guys will mind

Edit: If you're really cut for time, 5:34:07 is the actual audio

I watched John & Eric do the last 5 minutes of the game and it was awesome!
I find it amazing how those guys can be such huge fans yet have the constant presence of mind to do the job they hired to do. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in that position simply because I would forget that I'm there to do a job.

Never mind that for so many years those guys (Eric in particular) had to endure and make listenable some *really* questionable ISU football. Both of those guys deserve statues in honor of their service and dedication to the ISU community.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I watched John & Eric do the last 5 minutes of the game and it was awesome!
I find it amazing how those guys can be such huge fans yet have the constant presence of mind to do the job they hired to do. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in that position simply because I would forget that I'm there to do a job.

Never mind that for so many years those guys (Eric in particular) had to endure and make listenable some *really* questionable ISU football. Both of those guys deserve statues in honor of their service and dedication to the ISU community.
Yes, and watching it also made me think of Pete Taylor and how I wish he could have been alive for this. No disrespect to Walters whatsoever.

NebraskaCyclone

Sep 15, 2011
Nebraska
Herman's postgame has to be the most depressing response. Wow. That's not just a guy disappointed in the outcome, he's completely stunned, dejected, and depressed. He must really feel he's near the end. Comments turned off, must not be kind if there were any, maybe they always are though on their videos.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Start at 5:30:00 in the video. You'll have to watch/listen a little bit to get to it, but I don't think you guys will mind

Edit: If you're really cut for time, 5:34:07 is the actual audio

Woo, you're my hero!!!
I had to jump it around juuuuust a bit to get the final call; it went black when the second timeout was called.
Oh, Ben...John's right. EVERY Cyclone knows what you were feeling!

• Winner
Reactions: t-noah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m not saying I’m not loving this or that I don’t want it. And I’m not talking about our season or the Big 12 season. The college football season (as well as NFL, MLB, NBA) are all asterisk seasons.
It’s like hooking up with the hot chick in school after she got dumped and you were rebound action. You still got busy with her whether your moves worked or not.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Herman's postgame has to be the most depressing response. Wow. That's not just a guy disappointed in the outcome, he's completely stunned, dejected, and depressed. He must really feel he's near the end. Comments turned off, must not be kind if there were any, maybe they always are though on their videos.

His reasoning to allowing Hall to score doesn’t make sense. “If they didn’t get it on first down, we were going to let them on second down, but it doesn’t matter because they got it on first down anyway.”
So why not let them get it on first down then? Why try to stop them and waste time/timeouts when you’re just going to let them on the next play anyway?

I’m wondering if maybe he was just confused? Because I don’t think we picked up the first down on the longer play before the touchdown, so Breece scored on line 2nd and 1 from the 3? So maybe he meant if we got the first down, then he’d let us score?

Very confusing.

Reactions: NebraskaCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
His reasoning to allowing Hall to score doesn’t make sense. “If they didn’t get it on first down, we were going to let them on second down, but it doesn’t matter because they got it on first down anyway.”
So why not let them get it on first down then? Why try to stop them and waste time/timeouts when you’re just going to let them on the next play anyway?

I’m wondering if maybe he was just confused? Because I don’t think we picked up the first down on the longer play before the touchdown, so Breece scored on line 2nd and 1 from the 3? So maybe he meant if we got the first down, then he’d let us score?

Very confusing.
Agreed it was 2nd and about a half yard.

Reactions: NebraskaCyclone

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Woo, you're my hero!!!
I had to jump it around juuuuust a bit to get the final call; it went black when the second timeout was called.
Oh, Ben...John's right. EVERY Cyclone knows what you were feeling!

Watching them be every bit as antsy as I was - you could re-live the tension and see the absolute elation in the booth... LOVE it! And I teared up again...

Reactions: t-noah