Time to pay the man

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Have to get him to Top 20 , at least top 30.

Have to make sure he's happy. That's it.

If that's more money, then he gets more money. But it may not be. He might want more for his assistants, more facilities $$, etc.

As in the past i expect CMC and JP will sit down soon and have that discussion. Wouldnt surprise me if that (and an extension) comes through before the big 12 championship game to remove distractions from outside people asking about him taking other jobs.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
He also took half million dollar paycut this year.
That's the last thing they should be doing.

Covid is exposing the frailty within the college athletics framework. NCAA football and basketball not only bring in the money but account for the majority of department expenses. Now that the money has dried up, other programs are being cut/axed while football coaches and assistants, those who were already grotesquely overpaid to begin with, take "meager" cuts. In many these programs cost less to fund than a single football assistants salary. Sorry, but it's really f****d up when Doyles buyout (at Iowa) cost more than the programs they cut.

The reality is coaches, ADs...basically all of the overbloated salaried employees, should be taking pay cuts, NOT receiving contract extensions and salary increases. This isn't just about Campbell or Iowa State, but across the collegiate landscape as a whole.

At some point there should be some pride in representing a school and supporting collegiate athletics. From salaries, to power (ie scandals), to a preposterous 85 full scholarships football has been out of control for decades. Maybe Covid becomes catalyst for returning perspective and reality to a sport that has none.

Don't mind suspending all other sports outside of Mens basketball and Football, for us to get back in to the black. the NCAA should provide a special wavier.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Increase pay and add some unusual benefits like private jet usage etc. Whatever makes Ohio seem closer for this staff. Think outside the box!

No doubt. But here’s hoping Iowa feels like home now.

Reactions: cstrunk

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
The price of a top 10 football coach is astounding. Ryan Day looking like a steal at over $5.6 million. WOW. In a year of COVID, I'm not sure where we find the money for CMC, but he is way under paid in comparison to other coaches.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Here's my guess, JP approaches Campbell and CMC says use the extra revenue to get his assistants back the pay cuts back then we can talk extention when the stadium is back to full capacity.

Reactions: khardbored

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Again, I intend to call and increase donations to Cyclone Club and Grid Iron Club...and hope others are too.

Back in their B12 days, A&M did a Century Club and heavily promoted it. Basically; they worked to get all of their alumni, who weren’t donors, to donate just $100 annually. $100 times an alumni base, especially theirs, really can move the needle. We need something similar.

It‘s a tough year, but everyone needs to step up!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And if you normally would get season tickets but didn't this year, PLEASE CONSIDER JUST DONATING THE COST. Same goes for the 2 games the season ticket holders didn't get to go to this year. Don't ask for your money back.

Reactions: Scott34

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
It’s not about $$ with CMC..I think that much is obvious..I just don’t see him even considering leaving until at minimum after next season (which will be his best roster yet)...

His program in 6 months is about to have some brand spanking new facilities and he ain’t leaving Purdy and Hall a year early..
I bet he would appreciate money for his assistant coaches, trainers, etc., though

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
And if you normally would get season tickets but didn't this year, PLEASE CONSIDER JUST DONATING THE COST. Same goes for the 2 games the season ticket holders didn't get to go to this year. Don't ask for your money back.
This is what I told a buddy who was b******* about losing atleast 2 games. I understand that you are upset that we lost out on a couple games but its been way harder on the university. Just be content donating a little bit of money on a hard year.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He also took half million dollar paycut this year.

Don't mind suspending all other sports outside of Mens basketball and Football, for us to get back in to the black. the NCAA should provide a special wavier.
Nobody GAF what you think loser. Just leave and never come back you ******* hok POS.

• Winner
Reactions: inCyteful

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
This seems like as good as a time as ever to join the Gridiron Club. I might be finally pulling the trigger this week.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Word on the street is JP had plans for this moment but admitted to a booster we can't match Michigan money.

we won’t be able to match Michigan, OSU or SEC big programs money but what we can do is to keep things in perspective. Going 8-4 in the SEC will probably give you a sack if you can’t beat certain school(s). Same with Michigan - if you can’t beat tOSU then, your seat will always be warm.
Be supportive and reasonable - trust the process all the time. There will be bumps along the road but the process has delivered and will always deliver!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Remember Matt doesn't know how much money is in his bank account and don't care. It will be something very enticing to get him to leave

CMC wanted the facility upgrades and money for his staff more than the salary for himself. I am confident JP and ISU can and will do what it takes to work with Campbell to be sure he and the program have exactly what they need to keep things on an upward trajectory.

This is NOT your 1980's/1990's ISU athletics department.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Give him more for assistants with the condition that he must hire a damn ST coach.

Not entirely positive but i believe there is a maximum allowable staff number and we are at it.

Therefore, we would not be able to hire a ST position specific coach, without getting rid of one of our other coaches.

Reactions: nrg4isu