Does Kolar Come Back Next Year?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If Kolar does go, I believe that might sway one or both of TE's Allen and Soehner to come back. If that were to happen we'd be loaded again at TE next year, esp. w/ Dean and others coming up.
It would be nice to have at least one of the three come back next year, for the talented youngsters to build around.

That said, I’m not holding my breath. If it happens, great. If not, we’ll be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If Kolar does go, I believe that might sway one or both of TE's Allen and Soehner to come back. If that were to happen we'd be loaded again at TE next year, esp. w/ Dean and others coming up.
It would be nice to have at least one of the three come back next year, for the talented youngsters to build around.

That said, I’m not holding my breath. If it happens, great. If not, we’ll be fine.
Especially Chase, one of my favorite players, from Nixa, MO, close to where we live. If Chase has any desire to be in the NFL, he comes back, has a great year! That dream could still happen.

Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I believe Herman just said all three are NFL tight ends.
Typical Coach-speak for sure. Where do they all learn how to do this?

Seriously, he could be right. Would love nothing better than to see both Dylan and Chase come back next year and have a pre-NFL type year.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I could see Chase getting on an NFL roster as an undrafted free agent. Dylan I just don’t see it.

I actually think its the opposite, Soehner is the best blocker of the 3 and the way ISU uses him in motion and out of the backfield to block is the same way the 2nd/3rd tight-ends on nfl rosters are used. He is the ideal 3rd tight end on a roster, high level blocking with soft enough hands to be a safety outlet. Chase is Kolar without the production.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I actually think its the opposite, Soehner is the best blocker of the 3 and the way ISU uses him in motion and out of the backfield to block is the same way the 2nd/3rd tight-ends on nfl rosters are used. He is the ideal 3rd tight end on a roster, high level blocking with soft enough hands to be a safety outlet. Chase is Kolar without the production.

I’d be curious as to who is faster Chase or Charlie. Chase is definitely a better blocker

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I think Kolar leaves for the NFL after this seasons Big12 Championship victory.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I think he stays just because he knows all of us fans live our lives vicariously through him and by leaving would just leave us distraught and with no reason to go on....... more seriously, my thought is if he actually finishes up on his degree and he can get drafted decently high he goes for it. The only reason to come back is if his draft position isn't looking good. I would love to have him back as losing those 3 TE's will be a large gap to fill. It has been absolutely awesome watching how we use these 3 TE's. I thought losing Lazard followed by Butler was going to be insurmountable but kudos to our coaching staff for playing to our strengths and having guys ready to step up.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
His parents are professors in Norman. Safe to safe that education was a priority in his house. That doesn't diminish the strong individual achievement while being a D1 student athlete.

If he gets a day 2 grade. I hope he leaves. ISU needs more guys in the league to validate our recruiting and player development. What I don't want to have happen is him to fall to a day 3 pick and fight to even make a roster. In that scenario. I hope he returns and this offensive juggernaut gets ready for 2021
Maybe he stays to get his phd?

Reactions: Aclone

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014

Agree completely with this. Would be amazing if all three made it though.

Help Support Us

Become a patron