New Uniforms Revealed

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Shoes maybe?

I can no longer blame the shoes. I didn't wear shoes for any games (just sandals) until attending the TTU game and wore the red Asics with no issues. The old "ruby slippers" definitely have some magic in them, and I'll pull them out when needed, but the new ones didn't haunt us vs Taco Tech.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I am seeing a lot of throwback uni’s this year. Could this be the year we finally see something? Probably not but here are some ones I’ve seen recently.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Sent to me by a friend. Classic ISU look from 1966

That was nice to see. 1966, Eppie Barney! I remember him! Not just the name, good player! Think he was #11? WR?

Don't see colorized versions that often this far back; back any farther probably not at all!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Sent to me by a friend. Classic ISU look from 1966

Two quick versions of that era gold, just for fun. The first one I left our current gold in the number and pant stripe, just to show how much it has changed over the years! Second pic changed current gold to white.
CyUni 1990 c12y TestOldGold Pnt9 HelG8 Sh3  rwbY 28- y r y RdfceRRB RdS.png CyUni 1990 c12y Test2OldGold Pnt9 HelG8 Sh3  ybW 28- y r y RdfceRRB RdS.png
Return to this shade of gold not happening with this AD, current regime. I personally don't think we should either. This is too dark (but I do change my mind from time to time ;)). I do think we need a darker gold trim (and add a slightly darker shade gold if we ever do a gold pant, helmet jersey). Talked about this before.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Land Shark

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
bgprest said:
In my opinion, we've got to be careful mixing black and red components together or we risk looking too Texas Techy...

Problem is our Coach doesn't like gold so it may be an issue.

Yeah, he seems to. But, of course mixing black and gold components together is a whole different risk, thought I wouldn't mind seeing us do just that next September when playing a certain in-state rival...