Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Mom called me this morning saying my Grandpa had a stroke and was going to the hospital. Sounds like he has very little to no communication right now and is frustrated. Taking him to the ICU. Good news is they dont think he has a brain bleed because he doesnt have a headache.
I hope he recovers the communication ability soon and that it turns out to have had little to no lasting effect.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Have an upgrade that starts at about midnight. Started sedating myself a couple hours ago so I can take a nap.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just spent 3 hours and got my snowblower all ready to go for winter. If you live in NE Iowa, you’re all welcome. Means it won’t snow for atleast 2 months now and I wasted my time but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for you all.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Roads were slick up in southern Mn this AM. Interstates were fine by the time to come home today.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So Mertz (Wisconsin’s quarterback who had an incredible game Friday night) just tested positive for covid. They’ll do a follow up test to confirm, but if so that means he’s out for three weeks. That’s just great

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
One benefit of theses masks are that the keep your face warm when out in the cold. Might come in handy when shoveling snow this winter

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Lots of noise around our house today, literally. The process of residing and replacing gutters and downspouts has become. First talked with someone in June, materials ordered in August, delivered last Wednesday.
At least my necessary online sessions are fewer this week. I think.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I can respect that.

Also, where did @stormchaser2014 go?
I'm here. Just taking a break from all things internet for a while and also my laptop bit the dust so I'm down to just my phone and I really don't like using it for CF and things that much. I've been working on my place a lot. Don't worry, I've still tuned into to football.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Lots of noise around our house today, literally. The process of residing and replacing gutters and downspouts has become. First talked with someone in June, materials ordered in August, delivered last Wednesday.
At least my necessary online sessions are fewer this week. I think.
Good luck! We did siding and replaced all of our windows at the same time in our previous house. Fun fact - the original builder (who built six or seven houses on that block back in the seventies) apparently saved money by using "seconds". Not one single window in that entire split-foyer house was the same size as any other - even the ones that were on the same wall in the bedrooms were different widths (by 1/4 to 1-1/4 inches. Something you don't really notice until you go to replace them.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So Mertz (Wisconsin’s quarterback who had an incredible game Friday night) just tested positive for covid. They’ll do a follow up test to confirm, but if so that means he’s out for three weeks. That’s just great
I saw that on the news yesterday. Sorry for your fandom...but I did find it, well, entertaining that after all of the posturing the B1G did, something like this occurred.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just got a text from a friend who said their sons graduation thank you was returned. Apparently the new phone book has me living at a different address. No biggie, but it happens to be the nursing home........I’m not that bad yet!!
How long ago was graduation?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Now there's a couple names that just roll off the tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.