Where should I move?

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
When I came to Oklahoma several years ago, I wondered if it would end up a short- term move but I've learned to love it here. OKC or Tulsa would both be great choices.

As for Tulsa, this new park would be great for future kids.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Those that have mentioned - Austin. Austin can be very pricey housing wise.
Nashville is booming and there will be construction for a long time.
I love the different neighborhoods of KC. It's like a big Des Moines to me.

Reactions: gocy444

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Just some things that I learned from moving. My wife and I also work remotely and have for some time. Make sure you pick a state that is line with your political views. Identify if you need to be around people of your same class or if it is okay if you are mixed with other classes (salary/wealth that is). Just remember the cost to sell a house. If you find a place you don't like and need to move it is costly at 6-7 percent commission. You really can't believe everything that is on the internet. It is best if you know someone you trust that really knows the area or have done extensive research yourself. Shopping doesn't matter to me, but it does for my wife. Just because they have a mall may not mean it is a good one. Finally, check out the water and air quality. Just my two cents. Good luck!

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I'm thinking about Phoenix in the next 4 months. I've been talking to a company down there already. I'm bored here and hate cold weather.
I go down there about once a year for my job and can’t complain. I’ve told my wife we’re going to retire there or southeast Florida so I can just get a job parking cars for spring training and get into the games for free.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I go down there about once a year for my job and can’t complain. I’ve told my wife we’re going to retire there or southeast Florida so I can just get a job parking cars for spring training and get into the games for free.
I'd probably go to Nashville or San Antonio if union wages were higher in those states.

Reactions: gocy444

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If you’re having kids soon i would think about relocating somewhere near your or your wife’s parents. Having someone around to take the kids now and again or do some taxiing is a godsend.

A ******* Men brother. That’s why I want to get back to DSM.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No Texas towns on the list? Austin. Dallas.

No state income tax. Cheap (relatively) housing. Booming economy just in case. Hot summers that you'll adjust to and some winter.

Friendly Texans

Once we get out of the cold climate again we're never coming back.

I'm guessing their cost of living is quite a bit steeper than Mpls.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The one time I visited Nashville the traffic downtown was a nightmare. With that said, maybe once you get out of the downtown area it's not so bad.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Friends in Greenville, SC love the area. Chattanooga is cool, Nashville keeps you more accessible to midwest if you like that.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They praise high tech is moving in, but there are really no high paying jobs in Fort Collins. Unless you think 60k to 80k is "high paying." Poor , middle class, and upper class all mixed closely together. Not to mention there is no decent shopping areas. Old Town and CSU keep that place unique and the proximity to Estes, Red Feather Lakes, RMNP, etc. If anything, try Denver or smaller surrounding suburbs south of Fort Collins.

Would agree and would suggest even going S of Denver. Water supply issues are there, but they pretty much are the western 1/3 of the US, not to mention places like Houston, Atlanta and Miami.

Co Springs seems to be ok with their siphoning from the Pueblo Reservoir and a couple good years of snow.