Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Have a 2.5 hour training this morning for being an election worker, hopefully it goes quickly
Lew & I were planning on doing that this year, now that we're retired. Covid changed that, like it did for a LOT of the seniors that usually volunteer for pollworker. Thanks for filling in!

Reactions: WooBadger18

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg
Pooh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Friend of ours who lives a ways west of you had a bolted down tool chest stolen from a wagon recently. Some tools were passed down from generations. I just hate reading things like this.

Will see how close they rummage. There is an old diaper bag backpack that I used to set bins up with. Easier to climb 50’ without holding stuff. There was commercial grade hitachi power tools and back up batteries in it. All total, probably a grand just inside that diaper bag. I had some irregular hog site posts in there that I needed more made of, well that screws that. Had brand new regulators for a site in the back, $200/piece in small boxes. Everything was basically commercial or industrial grade inside that thing. Insurance company may be a battle when I give them the list. They will question why I had 4 pickup receivers in it (I don’t change balls I just slip in new receivers and want some 1” drops and 4” drops) with them being the nice rubber cushioned ones also.

I believe the last thing my dad gave me was in the console of the pickup also. Was a small strange part but dad was wound up about it the night before he died so I bought a new one and kept that one.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Will see how close they rummage. There is an old diaper bag backpack that I used to set bins up with. Easier to climb 50’ without holding stuff. There was commercial grade hitachi power tools and back up batteries in it. All total, probably a grand just inside that diaper bag. I had some irregular hog site posts in there that I needed more made of, well that screws that. Had brand new regulators for a site in the back, $200/piece in small boxes. Everything was basically commercial or industrial grade inside that thing. Insurance company may be a battle when I give them the list. They will question why I had 4 pickup receivers in it (I don’t change balls I just slip in new receivers and want some 1” drops and 4” drops) with them being the nice rubber cushioned ones also.

I believe the last thing my dad gave me was in the console of the pickup also. Was a small strange part but dad was wound up about it the night before he died so I bought a new one and kept that one.
That sucks. I am the same way, I have a lot of stuff in my truck. Some of it you don't need very often but you want it for when you do. Hopefully you can get it worked out with the insurance. Major bummer that you lost some stuff you cant replace.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So today my good friend who earlier this year lost his mom asked if I wanted to come watch the 2nd half with him because he had to work till 3. I said sure. He then asked if I wanted anything special as my birthday is in a few days. I said no because his birthday was last weekend and I didn't get him anything. I said just hanging with my buddy was enough. Well I get there and what you see below is what he did (or should I say him and his gf did) Balloons, a small cake not pictured and a bag with a card and a pair of ISU shot and pint glasses.

Not sure what I have done in this world to have such a friend. This is a week I've dreaded for awhile and not just because I will be entering another decade years wise. I've for a long time battled depression and this year the battle has felt like a mid-card boxer going up against a heavyweight champ in his prime.

I haven't had a loss hit as close to home as my friend, but this year seeing the thousands of amazing people we have lost here and every day I wake up and wonder why the almighty above has chosen to spare a piece of garbage like me.

So a time is approaching that most people live for and if I had my way the day would come and go without anyone doing or saying anything about it. Because this year celebrating seems like a slap in the face to the thousands who never got the chance.

20201024_233948.jpg

20201024_234015.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So today my good friend who earlier this year lost his mom asked if I wanted to come watch the 2nd half with him because he had to work till 3. I said sure. He then asked if I wanted anything special as my birthday is in a few days. I said no because his birthday was last weekend and I didn't get him anything. I said just hanging with my buddy was enough. Well I get there and what you see below is what he did (or should I say him and his gf did) Balloons, a small cake not pictured and a bag with a card and a pair of ISU shot and pint glasses.

Not sure what I have done in this world to have such a friend. This is a week I've dreaded for awhile and not just because I will be entering another decade years wise. I've for a long time battled depression and this year the battle has felt like a mid-card boxer going up against a heavyweight champ in his prime.

I haven't had a loss hit as close to home as my friend, but this year seeing the thousands of amazing people we have lost here and every day I wake up and wonder why the almighty above has chosen to spare a piece of garbage like me.

So a time is approaching that most people live for and if I had my way the day would come and go without anyone doing or saying anything about it. Because this year celebrating seems like a slap in the face to the thousands who never got the chance.

View attachment 76994

View attachment 76995

Rulzzz, Dude you know your a good person, please don't be down on yourself. All of us in RTT are sort of like a family that support each other. It was great that you got to spend an afternoon with such good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.