Tamin Lipsey recruiting thread

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Jefferson is also one of the worst football programs in the state. I remember when I played them, we beat them by 50 points. Anyways, Lipsey is a hell of an athlete.

I'm actually from Story City, but there isn't anything special to see in Ames (aside from the campus). I guess Ada Hayden is a nice spot, but not must-see.

Roland-Story played Jefferson or did you open enroll?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think the situations are different. In basketball, he's a top 100 recruit, in football, he's not being recruited. (To my knowledge)

I am mostly being facetious, but looks like the kid can ball on the gridiron, too, at least from those reports. I bring up Kyler Murray because everybody assumed he was going to go with baseball until he blew up at Oklahoma, became a first-overall pick, and won offensive rookie of the year in the NFL. It is not impossible for just a great raw athlete and competitor to be able to excel at more than one sport.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
I am mostly being facetious, but looks like the kid can ball on the gridiron, too, at least from those reports. I bring up Kyler Murray because everybody assumed he was going to go with baseball until he blew up at Oklahoma, became a first-overall pick, and won offensive rookie of the year in the NFL. It is not impossible for just a great raw athlete and competitor to be able to excel at more than one sport.
Agreed, I just don't know what position Lipsey would play. QB isn't his natural position. I think he could be a good wideout or running back.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I would say wideout
He would definitely be a utility guy at this point. However, he's very likely going to continue growing and could be a WR or RB in college. His body fluidity matched with that speed is impressive.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He would definitely be a utility guy at this point. However, he's very likely going to continue growing and could be a WR or RB in college. His body fluidity matched with that speed is impressive.

I don’t think he’s going to grow. He was basically this height as a FReshman. Also as a FR looked much older than typical.

Guy is quick and could be a really good WR/KR. I think I mentioned before, the guys that he’s training with said he is 100% recovered his explosiveness. He doesn’t weigh much but is pretty strong. He is going to dominate this n basketball this year.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I see he didn’t play vs SEP due to injury. Anyone know if it was serious? Seems like a special talent but with one major injury already hopefully this one wasn’t bad