Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbob79clone

Pfizer vaccine trial remains on track

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Don't see it in there, but I'd like to know if T-cells played a part in helping with the antibodies the 2nd time, and if there's a way to be able to study how infectious someone is or for how long with a reinfection.

There was a death elsewhere from a reinfection with someone with iirc stage 4 cancer so T-Cells were, from what I understand, less likely to be present.

kcbob79clone

Child Care Programs Not-Associated With Elevated COVID-19 Risk

A new study published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) found 'within the context of considerable infection mitigation efforts in U.S. child care programs, exposure to child care during the early months of the pandemic was not associated with elevated risk for COVID-19 transmission to staff or providers (N=57,335).

In this AAP study, there were 427 child care providers who tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, however, they found no association between contracting the virus and exposure to child care.

A link to the pdf file below

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Child Care Programs Not-Associated With Elevated COVID-19 Risk

A new study published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) found 'within the context of considerable infection mitigation efforts in U.S. child care programs, exposure to child care during the early months of the pandemic was not associated with elevated risk for COVID-19 transmission to staff or providers (N=57,335).

In this AAP study, there were 427 child care providers who tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, however, they found no association between contracting the virus and exposure to child care.

A link to the pdf file below

Ah, caught the 'within the context of considerable infection mitigation efforts' part.

I'm in education and can vouch that viruses go around on the regular.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I mean, if people could just stop acting like petulant children, that would also be pretty simple. I don't feel like it's the responsibility of the site to pay someone to set up the site constantly so that people stop acting like butthurt babies. I guess I thought that the premium memberships were supposed to pay for content rather than micromanaging a bunch of people who consistently are acting purposely difficult. And if you'll notice, it's both political sides here.

Well, as someone who sees the actual statistics on this, I don't think you'd probably want to play this card, Argent - it's not the side you are trying to indicate. Just maybe the reason you receive a lot of "dumb" ratings might be different than you think. For example, the very post of yours to which I'm responding is inherently foolish if you think that you're making any kind of point.

For example. I like how you think anyone is "scared" of anything. IDGAF if everyone keeps using the "dumb" rating - the solution is that we'll just also move this COVID thread to the Cave and not allow a new one in OT. I'm trying to work to help keep this one in the Off-Topic because I'm trying to help out the people who PMed me asking why we can't have it in the Off-Topic. (If you'll remember, you've been one who has tried to claim that this is non-political.) Responses like the two quoted in my response here are pretty indicative of why the mods have consistently had to babysit this and no longer have the time.

Good luck with those 2 idiots.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Don’t use the feature we paid someone to create and made money off of or you’ll get banned. And I’m the stupid one? Ok.

Do you honestly think that CF paid someone to specifically create the "dumb" reaction? Or would Occam's razor maybe suggest that it came out of the box with the others, and it would need to be pulled out? And who said you'll get banned? I said that we know what you're doing, and knock it off. Then, in the reply to you, I said we'd just move the thread back to the Cave yet again if it continued.

I'm sorry you're feeling so triggered about not calling other people names.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Don’t use the feature we paid someone to create and made money off of or you’ll get banned. And I’m the stupid one? Ok.
In fairness, I'm guessing the standard react buttons are core features of the forum backend, not something they actually had to customize or spend any meaningful time working on.

Personally, I'm just not a negative react person at all since they don't offer anything to the board (except spam), but it is what it is. Not worth overreacting to either way, really.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Do you honestly think that CF paid someone to specifically create the "dumb" reaction? Or would Occam's razor maybe suggest that it came out of the box with the others, and it would need to be pulled out? And who said you'll get banned? I said that we know what you're doing, and knock it off. Then, in the reply to you, I said we'd just move the thread back to the Cave yet again if it continued.

I'm sorry you're feeling so triggered about not calling other people names.
All I know is the dumb button appeared and it was only available at a paid tier. And I'm pretty sure some people when it launched paid to get it. You deny it was on a paid tier?

Knock it off or else can be taken a lot of ways I guess, temp banning is certainly one way.

Triggered is a pretty intellectually lazy way to throw shade. Just outright call me an idiot or stupid like the responses you hearted.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
In fairness, I'm guessing the standard react buttons are core features of the forum backend, not something they actually had to customize or spend any meaningful time working on.

Personally, I'm just not a negative react person at all since they don't offer anything to the board (except spam), but it is what it is. Not worth overreacting to either way, really.
Gee, why did only certain tier levels have access to it then? Standard feature?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Standard feature with other standard gatekeeping associated. Pretty common of forums like this.

I'm just waiting for the day that CF supports in-line emojis. They don't work for me on PC or on Android...yet.
Someone took the time to configure it and sell it.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Someone took the time to configure it and sell it.
I guess so...? I mean we're probably talking just mere minutes of creating different groups to put users in, then giving the higher groups perms to use the button, both features that probably already existed in site code...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
All I know is the dumb button appeared and it was only available at a paid tier. And I'm pretty sure some people when it launched paid to get it. You deny it was on a paid tier?

Knock it off or else can be taken a lot of ways I guess, temp banning is certainly one way.

Triggered is a pretty intellectually lazy way to throw shade. Just outright call me an idiot or stupid like the responses you hearted.

There were several other responses packaged in with it at the time, correct? The answer is yes, there were several other responses packaged in. It wasn't just a "hey, you pay and then you get the dumb button!" The entire premise was "additional reactions." That is how almost any set of features like that works, if you've ever set up a website or forum.

The entire last sentence you are referencing was "knock it off." If you inferred "or else," that's your problem.

Setting up your inferences and assumptions as fact is also "pretty intellectually lazy." You're telling us to hire a "real" programmer, reporting posts, and continually arguing, so I'd say something has set you off, correct? I've taken actual time out of my day multiple times to try and explain things to you before so that you could know to stop acting in a way that would get you banned, and this is your response to... not using a "dumb" button?

I "hearted" responses that wished me luck. I "heart" or positively react to about a hundred responses a day, which is easily evidenced by going to my profile.

• Haha
Reactions: simply1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron