****OFFICIAL 2020 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I dunno how much hope I have for a deep October run from this bunch. Pitching staff is average, bullpen mediocre, being generous, and a lineup full of guys who can't situational hit and bat around .220. Help me find a silver lining? Can they get hot and make a run?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

7AoMM0r.gif

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m telling you all right now, these playoffs are gonna get real weird. Several teams are gonna make runs that you don’t see coming. And atleast one of the 1 seeds will lose first round. I just hope one of the teams to click is the Twins.

• Agree
Reactions: discydisc

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
FFS. We get the same umpire crew for the Cubs series. Angel Hernandez and his buddies. Unreal.

I pray no one completely loses their sh*t and gets suspended. That’s the last thing we need.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
.....a lineup full of guys who can't situational hit and bat around .220. Help me find a silver lining? Can they get hot....

Agree, the lack of non-homer offense is the biggest concern going into the playoffs.
A lot of things have to go right but the Twins can easily win short series if--
-- Berrios joins Maeda in being dominant
-- Duffey, May, and Clippard return to early form
-- Arraez returns healthy and looks like he did last year
-- We get any offense at all out of Kepler
-- And, of course, the big bats of of Cruz, Sano, Donaldson, and now Buxton, take turns keeping us in games

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Right now, I think the White Sox and Twins are the best of the AL (in the best division too). It'll be interesting how the playoffs shake out. Sure, Tampa Bay is solid, but I don't like their pitching staff as much as our squads. Oakland is going to be a dangerous team to play it seems, but honestly, don't know much about them.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Right now, I think the White Sox and Twins are the best of the AL (in the best division too). Sure, It'll be interesting how the playoffs shake out. Sure, Tampa Bay is solid, but I don't like their pitching staff as much as our squads. Oakland is going to be a dangerous team to play it seems, but honestly, don't know much about them.
At the current time, I'd have to lump the twins behind CWS, Tampa, and I'd have to throw NYY in there to. The Yankees are red hot and I can already picture the twins running into them early in the playoffs. I agree, don't know a lot about Oakland aside from their closer being a one time failed Twin. Liam Hendricks.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I hope the White Sox get Houston as our match-up in the first round. Would like to see Chicago pound them much like we did in 2005 for the World Series! I don't want to see Cleveland, want no part of them again.

If I'm the Twins, I would want no part of the Yankees. You guys just seem to have the worst freaking luck when you play them in the post-season.

Teams to get matched up the best IMO:
Houston
Toronto

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I hope the White Sox get Houston as our match-up in the first round. Would like to see Chicago pound them much like we did in 2005 for the World Series! I don't want to see Cleveland, want no part of them again.
If the Sox are hitting the ball, they could run deep. I don’t trust ur staff to keep better line ups in check though. I agree with Houston, they are a wounded animal.

The Yankees are hitting their stride which exactly what none of us need.

Oakland is Oakland. They have talent but is always a weird money ball, hodgepodge. You don’t win in the playoffs with that. They never do.

Cleveland is all c*ck, no balls. Their pitching can be elite but that line up is trash outside of Lindor.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Agree, the lack of non-homer offense is the biggest concern going into the playoffs.
A lot of things have to go right but the Twins can easily win short series if--
-- Berrios joins Maeda in being dominant
-- Duffey, May, and Clippard return to early form
-- Arraez returns healthy and looks like he did last year
-- We get any offense at all out of Kepler
-- And, of course, the big bats of of Cruz, Sano, Donaldson, and now Buxton, take turns keeping us in games
I think expecting much out of Arraez is not realistic. Love the guy. But his timing wasn’t great before he got hurt and I doubt he gets enough AB’s to get it back before the playoffs.

Agree on Max. We need him back.

I think what’s missed is the Bombas are there, but there are sooooo many solo shots. Guys need to get on via walks or otherwise ahead of those big bats. Idk the number but I would bet a vast majority of our homers are solo, especially Cruz.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
A little disappointed that Rocco didn't run Buxton in the ninth. You're not hitting and you have one the fastest players in the game on first. Instead we play it safe and take the DP. Rocco's got to be more aggressive in that situation, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A little disappointed that Rocco didn't run Buxton in the ninth. You're not hitting and you have one the fastest players in the game on first. Instead we play it safe and take the DP. Rocco's got to be more aggressive in that situation, IMO.
Right, anything that remotely resembles situational hitting from this team is never going to happen.
Arraez struggles are as big as Keplers and Garvers injuries and struggles. The Twins really needed a high on base guy to bat 1 or 2.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I feel like today is a regression to the mean game. Put up 8 or 9 runs.