****OFFICIAL 2020 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD****

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I feel like today is a regression to the mean game. Put up 8 or 9 runs.
Well that was cool.

Clinched. A lot of work left to do but I’ll take it. I never imagined going into the 2020 postseason I’d be more concerned about the bats.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I feel like today is a regression to the mean game. Put up 8 or 9 runs.

Well JM, you nailed the eight runs.
Hopefully they can do the same tonight on national TV and maybe, just maybe, the bats are coming around at the right time. Great that they are now just playing for standings, possibly the division.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well JM, you nailed the eight runs.
Hopefully they can do the same tonight on national TV and maybe, just maybe, the bats are coming around at the right time. Great that they are now just playing for standings, possibly the division.
Berrios needs to bring it and I think he can. The twins have knocked around Bieber and Giolito. They should be able to get to Darvish.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
After that two run Kepler bomb that knocks out Darvish, the conversation will probably shift now to the Twins.
The broadcast was trash, as expected from ESPN. I think they thought Brian Dunsing was still in our rotation.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Day off and then need to fatten up on the Tigers and not actually lose to them...

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
The broadcast was trash, as expected from ESPN. I think they thought Brian Dunsing was still in our rotation.

And A-Rod must think Maeda is still with the Dodgers.
Kenta is in the top five in almost every stat category but A-Rod couldn't find a #2 pitcher on the Twins staff behind Berrios. Hate to tell A-Rod, but the Twins open with Maeda, Berrios, and Pineda.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Still have a chance to win the division with Chicago going to Cleveland.
Cleveland and The Cubs r basically the same team. Good to Elite starting pitching but couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn outside of a small handful of guys. Here’s to hoping they both find their stride this week and hit the sh*t out of the ball.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I want this team to get tough, dig in, start taking walks, start hitting singles, with the occasional bomba mixed in there. That's how they will win. Striking out and the occasional solo shot have become the new norm. Hopefully they can figure it out, for a month at least.

Reactions: Neptune78

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I want this team to get tough, dig in, start taking walks, start hitting singles, with the occasional bomba mixed in there. That's how they will win. Striking out and the occasional solo shot have become the new norm. Hopefully they can figure it out, for a month at least.
Won’t happen. Especially with Sano. Good lord. It’s so funny. Your find yourself in aww of his moonshots but then he does what he did last night and your like my God man... what is your deal? He reminds me so much of the guy off of Major League. Yesterday I don’t think he made a big enough sacrifice to Jobu.
giphy.gif

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Won’t happen. Especially with Sano. Good lord. It’s so funny. Your find yourself in aww of his moonshots but then he does what he did last night and your like my God man... what is your deal? He reminds me so much of the guy off of Major League. Yesterday I don’t think he made a big enough sacrifice to Jobu.
giphy.gif
That's the single greatest comp for Sano that one could possibly make.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee and JM4CY

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Won’t happen. Especially with Sano. Good lord. It’s so funny. Your find yourself in aww of his moonshots but then he does what he did last night and your like my God man.......
giphy.gif

If we can get Arraez back healthy we have a chance with one guy with plate discipline. Donaldson and Cruz do take walks. But agree, Sano and Rosario-- no chance.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If we can get Arraez back healthy we have a chance with one guy with plate discipline. Donaldson and Cruz do take walks. But agree, Sano and Rosario-- no chance.
Hell, Rosario barely ever gets 3 pitches into an atbat before he pops out most times.

Polanco has a decent eye too. We may not be able to comprehend the magnitude yet but that game last night by Max could be an absolutely pivotal moment. The road from a good to great post season goes through his bat.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Hell, Rosario barely ever gets 3 pitches into an atbat before he pops out most times.

Polanco has a decent eye too. We may not be able to comprehend the magnitude yet but that game last night by Max could be an absolutely pivotal moment. The road from a good to great post season goes through his bat.
Max is way too good of a baseball player to be flirting with the nick punto line

Help Support Us

Become a patron