****OFFICIAL 2020 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD****

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Finally get to watch the game tonight, Dobnaks handlebars are one of the most glorious things I’ve ever seen on a baseball field.

Reactions: Neptune78

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Finally get to watch the game tonight, Dobnaks handlebars are one of the most glorious things I’ve ever seen on a baseball field.

I think he should add some big sideburns and he'd have that classic '70 look down.
The KC announcers sound pretty impressed with Dobnak's killer sinker game. "What a find."

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think he should add some big sideburns and he'd have that classic '70 look down.
The KC announcers sound pretty impressed with Dobnak's killer sinker game. "What a find."
I heard that. I get they need to be homers but They leave something to be desired. I don’t see how anyone can compete with bremer and morneau

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Don't look now, but the AL Central has three teams in the top eight in the latest power rankings.
Twins remain toward the top as Cruz, Maeda, Dobnak and Duffey continue to carry them. Clippard's injury is concerning but they get Hill back this week and we'll see what Pineda has next week. Sano is (and hopefully Berrios) coming on and Kepler, Rosario, and Polanco will get their numbers.
It's been a fun first half, as expected.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Damn it this team is built for something special. Bullpen looks so much better than last year. Starting pitchers can all shine. Maeda is a freaking dog he just grinds.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tenor.gif

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Tough day for our Twins. We sent out three of our best pitchers in Dobnak, May, and Duffey and they all got hit. Bigger problem is that our big bats (other than Cruz) are not doing much.
We'll be OK when we get Donaldson back in the two hole. Hopefully Pineda comes back with his best stuff as well.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Tough day for our Twins. We sent out three of our best pitchers in Dobnak, May, and Duffey and they all got hit. Bigger problem is that our big bats (other than Cruz) are not doing much.
We'll be OK when we get Donaldson back in the two hole. Hopefully Pineda comes back with his best stuff as well.
Cruz is gonna set the single 60 game season record for solo Homers.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This Twins team sums up the return of baseball in a nut shell. Really good, wait, maybe not so good... nope, we're fine, let's roll...OK slight setback, time to take off again, oh no! Look out for the Tigers and Royals (covid)!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I honestly thought this could be the scariest line-up in baseball, top to bottom. If Cruz stops hitting, they are dead in the water. Wonder if they really miss Rowson that much?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
The Twins should expect to see every team's left handers, regardless of record, until they can show they can hit from that side. Our guys pounded lefties last year, so it is concerning that middle of the road southpaws are shutting them down now.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Strange, it's almost as if you have a lineup that is absolutely inept at putting balls in play you aren't going to have much offense. I think they will end up being OK, but between injuries and a lot of guys coming back to earth from last year I think this is a decent team that should make the playoffs, but they certainly aren't going to run away with the division.

Maybe the stats say otherwise, but it sure seems like the approach for much of the lineup is not good at all. They are taking so many strikes, then getting down 0-2 or 1-2 and chasing stuff out of the zone. Buxton was swinging early in the count, and though it got him in trouble at first he started to really get hot and drive the ball by being aggressive until he was injured. Then again, he's at 20:1 K:BB, so there's that. The rate at which Sano and Cave strikeout is absolutely incredible.

It seems like league-wide more pitchers are adjusting and are being more aggressive early in the count. Watching the Braves last night absolutely pounding first pitch strikes made me super jealous.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Sad to hear that Bert Blyleven has retired from the Twin's broadcast team. I still remember listening to Herb Carneal describe Bert's knee buckling curve when he broke in as a 19 year old kid in 1970. Who knew he would turn out to be the best pitcher to ever wear the Twins uniform.

Reactions: SCyclone and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sad to hear that Bert Blyleven has retired from the Twin's broadcast team. I still remember listening to Herb Carneal describe Bert's knee buckling curve when he broke in as a 19 year old kid in 1970. Who knew he would turn out to be the best pitcher to ever wear the Twins uniform.
You are hereby circled