****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

Cyclonefanwill3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2011
If Prohm is somehow able to sign DeVries, might as well attempt to sign Peyton Sandfort as well to fill a frontcourt roster gap. Sandfort can really shoot it as well and while he is not a top shelf run/jump athlete, his smarts and length make up for that. TOE and Stanford are supposedly the current favorites for him.
I don’t think Sandfort is gonna be a great college player so I am fine with the staff not recruiting him.

gj524

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t think Sandfort is gonna be a great college player so I am fine with the staff not recruiting him.
If they think he is talented enough to make an impact for ISU then they should go ahead and recruit him, but it would be a mistake to go after him only because he plays with DeVries.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
One nice thing about having Hunter committed is that he could play either guard spot. He is certainly a good enough ball handler to run PG but is a natural scorer enough to play off the ball. So that gives us the flexibility to recruit a true wing like DeVries and Coleman but also true PGs like Bates. Prohm is in great position in this class.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
One nice thing about having Hunter committed is that he could play either guard spot. He is certainly a good enough ball handler to run PG but is a natural scorer enough to play off the ball. So that gives us the flexibility to recruit a true wing like DeVries and Coleman but also true PGs like Bates. Prohm is in great position in this class.

I only saw DeVries play a few games last year, but he played a lot of PG for Waukee. He probably doesn't have the quickness to play PG at P6 level. But he is a unique player that he could be a high assist wing player. A shorter version of Georges.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
We may have two open (Solomon and Coleman-Lands), we may have 6 open (transfers and NBA). I think we get 3 guys in the cycle and get transfers after.

Thanks. I was actually asking what Texas's schollie situation was, assuming they must be getting close to full.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I only saw DeVries play a few games last year, but he played a lot of PG for Waukee. He probably doesn't have the quickness to play PG at P6 level. But he is a unique player that he could be a high assist wing player. A shorter version of Georges.
He can run the point and facilitate offense for a P6 team, if required, but he wouldn't defend smaller, quicker PGs.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Is his length for defense or shooting up to playing 2G?
Texas landing good recruits that they’ll underachieve with was more so amusing when they were from Texas but this foray into the midwest has become annoying after it looks like 3 of our targets are gonna commit to them
We got Hunter. I’m not bothered by the others.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Seems premature for 2025 so will drop this here.

Damn you know when you 1st realize when you're getting old? Well I just had that moment. My ex wife worked at this kids daycare when she was going to College when he was 2 or 3. I did score his dad's autograph out of it. But damn I feel old today.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Damn you know when you 1st realize when you're getting old? Well I just had that moment. My ex wife worked at this kids daycare when she was going to College when he was 2 or 3. I did score his dad's autograph out of it. But damn I feel old today.
If it makes you feel any better, the football team is recruiting TE Eli Raridon, the grandson of a guy who signed with Nebraska the same year I graduated high school.

And dang, do I hope we get him!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sounds like Bryce will be cutting his list this week. (initially got excited he announced is list)
ISU is still making a push.

"we should expect a list cut this week from Hopkins which will lead to a commitment timetable as programs are cut from his recruitment.
As far as a list cut, we will get that sooner than later as Hopkins additionally told Stockrisers.com that he will cut his list down to seven programs this week. With that, who all is making a push at Hopkins currently?
"There is Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Oregon, Providence, Notre Dame, Iowa State,, Cal Berkeley, South Carolina,” he said."

• Informative
Reactions: aobie

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Grew up in Aplington watching Darian Devries, now live in Waukee bringing my son to watch Tucker, I'd absolutely love it if he came to ISU. But I also think it would be cool to see him tear it up at Drake for his dad.

Another thing to remember, Tucker had 2 uncles play football for Iowa and a lot of the family are big hawk fans...don't know if that will factor in. Not necessarily looking to go east, but perhaps dissuading him from coming here.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
mom and dad both Cyclone players. Curtis still
Loves Iowa state. We have a good shot at him if he develops

The thing that stuck out to me is he's 6'2" as an 8th grader. I remember Wieben's dad being tall. Can you imagine a 6'5"+ version of Curtis?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Prohm is starting to impress me on the recruiting trail. I have not been the biggest fan of Prohm, but if he can bring in talent, that is half of the battle. Covid might be the best thing to happen for Prohm. The financial piece will allow him more time than he likely would have gotten.

Reactions: Cycl0nepower