Texas Preview of The Clones

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
How about a summary for those of us who don't like to listen to things?
Purdy is a top 3 or 4 QB in the country, if he stays healthy should have even more impact in the run game. Hall is obviously our go to RB and 12 full games (recorded before the 10 game schedule was announced) we should expect 1200+ yards, so say 1000 now. Brock should produce a good amount with Lang being the niche guy and other RB's not getting many reps. Loads of weapons on offense, Easton Dean is viewed by some of the staff as the most talented tight end in the room of arguably the most talented group in the country. O-Line is a question mark but long term potential looks promising. D-Line could be addition by subtractions mostly because Lima wasn't great last year. Hopeful that Rose moves back to MLB and Vance moves to the outside because he thinks they're both capable OLB's but Rose has a greater impact in the middle vs Vance's downsides on the outside. Defense should be 1 of the best in the Big 12.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
These guys are condescending a**holes who think way too much of Texas from what little I've been listening. They said that since we don't play Iowa, our biggest rivalry game is going to be Texas. Since when is Texas a big rivalry. I'd much rather beat Oklahoma and Kansas State than Texas. And then they said, "What if Texas is 9-0" when they play Kansas State in the last game of the year, saying how much Kansas State would love to spoil the party for Texas, as if Texas is unique and Kansas State wouldn't love spoiling the party for anyone else who was undefeated. Asshats.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
These guys are condescending a**holes who think way too much of Texas from what little I've been listening. They said that since we don't play Iowa, our biggest rivalry game is going to be Texas. Since when is Texas a big rivalry. I'd much rather beat Oklahoma and Kansas State than Texas. And then they said, "What if Texas is 9-0" when they play Kansas State in the last game of the year, saying how much Kansas State would love to spoil the party for Texas, as if Texas is unique and Kansas State wouldn't love spoiling the party for anyone else who was undefeated. Asshats.
I totally agree. I don’t know that I consider them a “rival”

...but goddamnit I really hate those guys.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Meh. Texas has thought of us as their chief rival since the league formed. I think it is projection.

Reactions: Cydkar

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Why is it that any time you listen to a Texas podcast or read something from one of the writers or fans, it always oozes that "we are Texas, and just just a lot better than you" vibe?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why is it that any time you listen to a Texas podcast or read something from one of the writers or fans, it always oozes that "we are Texas, and just just a lot better than you" vibe?

Because the general attitude of the fanbase is projected by the media that covers them.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I was talking to a colleague who graduated from UT a while ago about a project we were doing with a consultant. The consultant was a huge Bama fan, so named his example file "Roll Tide." The UT alum saw it, rolled his eyes and said "Those Bama boys think they invented football." I had to choke down the snark.

• Funny
Reactions: cygrads and Aclone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was talking to a colleague who graduated from UT a while ago about a project we were doing with a consultant. The consultant was a huge Bama fan, so named his example file "Roll Tide." The UT alum saw it, rolled his eyes and said "Those Bama boys think they invented football." I had to choke down the snark.
I think hating both Bama and Texas is acceptable. I don’t know who‘s side to take on your story and I’m OK with that.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
To be fair, years ago I was on spring break around a bunch of UT and A&M guys. The latter seemed like cool guys, and we all agreed that the UT guys were arrogant jerks.

The “fair“ part being that when A&M bolted the Big XII, the Aggies all became ***holes.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I think hating both Bama and Texas is acceptable. I don’t know who‘s side to take on your story and I’m OK with that.
The consultant/Bama fan was really knowledgeable about CFB outside Bama/SEC. I told him I'm an ISU fan and he brought up Purdy by name. Plus he was a really good engineer. So he's cool.

My colleague was a really good guy and engineer/project manager (got laid off recently unfortunately) who I just couldn't talk football with. Everything was all UT and only UT. I work with a few other Big 12 alums (TX Tech, KU, WVU, OSU) and none of them are that way.

Just something in the water in Texas I guess. The colleague wasn't even a native Texan. His family moved there from Pennsylvania or some place when he was in high school.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron