Early golf - PGA Workday open (spoilers)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
The golf started very early today, the leaders are through #12. Been a good show so far today, lots of amazing shots by the leaders, quite a few leaderboard shakeups. Tune in if you like golf and haven't been watching. It's available for streaming free on the CBS Sports app.

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The golf started very early today, the leaders are through #12. Been a good show so far today, lots of amazing shots by the leaders, quite a few leaderboard shakeups. Tune in if you like golf and haven't been watching. It's available for streaming free on the CBS Sports app.
It's going to be strange playing the same course next week for the memorial tournament. Excited to see Tiger play again.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Came here to say Workday is actual trash to work with.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
It's going to be strange playing the same course next week for the memorial tournament. Excited to see Tiger play again.

Yeah, that's weird. This is a good course for tournament golf. Plenty of easy holes, enough holes that can be an absolute disaster. Lots of doubles out there too.

Hovland is cracking up. Bummer.

Reactions: isutrevman

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Came here to say Workday is actual trash to work with.

Yes, it is. I've always been curious how a company could form and almost immediately take over large corporation HR. There must have been a huge amount of cash in the startup.

I hated it from both an employee and a manager perspective. I haven't used it in a few years but the session timeout drove me insane. That's most likely organization specific but I don't know how they expected anyone to write a novel on a review in 10 minutes in that crappy editor. Cut/paste didn't work worth a damn either.

Are you HR or general employee?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yes, it is. I've always been curious how a company could form and almost immediately take over large corporation HR. There must have been a huge amount of cash in the startup.

I hated it from both an employee and a manager perspective. I haven't used it in a few years but the session timeout drove me insane. That's most likely organization specific but I don't know how they expected anyone to write a novel on a review in 10 minutes in that crappy editor. Cut/paste didn't work worth a damn either.

We use it at work, it is not that bad. I have seen much worse HR systems from ADP and Oracle.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Ive been on both sides, had to do managerial stuff with it for a team of about 10 as part of a larger org and then i've used it as an employee as well. It just always felt like the way they had stuff set up worked, but it was never intuitive and it always felt like there should have been shortcuts to do a lot of the time consuming ****.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We use it at work, it is not that bad. I have seen much worse HR systems from ADP and Oracle.
ADP is hands down the worst, I will give you that. I worked in a role where we had to interface with them to get retirement contribution data for companies and holy ****, they were so negligent it should have been criminal.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The real tournament next week will be better, top field, greens jacked up to light speed.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Ive been on both sides, had to do managerial stuff with it for a team of about 10 as part of a larger org and then i've used it as an employee as well. It just always felt like the way they had stuff set up worked, but it was never intuitive and it always felt like there should have been shortcuts to do a lot of the time consuming ****.

You just triggered a memory - the navigation. What you expected to take you somewhere never did and you have to memorize the path to the pit of darkness. Employee views and manager views were significantly different.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Justin's putt on the first playoff hole was nuts! Something like a 50+ foot putt. And then of course Morikawa nails is 25 foot putt to keep it going! Loving this right now.