[Commitment Watch] '21 WR Aramoni Rhone

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
They've gotten their top target at QB, WR, DT and love a lot of the guys in the class (Tyler Moore, Deon Silas, Beau Freyler)

We landed Jaylin Noel yesterday.

I think we're fine

I think both of you are accurate. Many still question where we are with the offensive line. We have had a good set of recruits there over the past few years and this year, but lost on some of the high profile targets we were hoping to get at least one of. Seeing a LB and CB flip to other schools is not fun, especially if we don't particularly care for those schools in the first place, even more so when one of those was an in-state player.

On the other hand, this has been a different recruiting year as our depth is as good as I remember it being. That impacts recruiting as there was less "play immediately" time available. Not having a ton of 4* players doesn't particularly ring warning bells as we were recruiting to need. For those watching offers over stars, there were some we offered early in the process that seemed not to have the offers that necessarily justified that. Hard to tell though as we didn't have the normal camp process and on-campus visits to know who we were in the hunt with.

Last edited:

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think both of you are accurate. Many still question where we are with the offensive line. We have had a good set of recruits there over the past few years and this year, but lost on some of the high profile targets we were hoping to get at least one of. Seeing a LB and CB flip to other schools is not fun, especially if we don't particularly care for those schools in the first place, even more so when one of those was an in-state player.

On the other hand, this has been a different recruiting year as our depth is as good as I remember it being. That impacts recruiting as there was less "play immediately" time available. Not having a ton of 4* players doesn't particularly ring warning bells as we were recruiting to need. For those watching offers over stars, there were some we offered early in the process that seemed not to have the offers that necessarily justified that. Hard to tell though as we didn't have the normal camp process and online visits to know who we were in the hunt with.

Twedt didn't flip. He just stinks and we stopped recruiting him.

You right about the second bold, but I think the staff looks at it as an opportunity to find raw, athletic dudes that they can mold instead of polished players.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You right about the second bold, but I think the staff looks at it as an opportunity to find raw, athletic dudes that they can mold instead of polished players.
I can’t agree with this. “More polished” isn’t the correct term. They’re grabbing all of the players they can with size, great frames and top flight athleticism they can—before other schools notice them.

The parallel would be stuffing your cart full of everything you can at a Black Friday Sale at your favorite retailer. When no one else has been allowed in the door yet.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
aka he stole ****.
I can’t speak to that. However, the reaction out of Story City blatantly indicates that the staff stopped recruiting him—as opposed to a simple “he flipped to Iowa”.

As he matures, the kid may prove to have his act together and even be good player. That said, I have no qualms whatsoever at UI getting our discards.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
From his highlights, he needs to work on his speed and route running, but I like his blocking abilities.
Definitely would get pushed around with his current frame and the route-running is raw. Those long strides are deceptive though. I think he's pretty fast, and he moves fluidly. Definitely a take for me.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I can’t speak to that. However, the reaction out of Story City blatantly indicates that the staff stopped recruiting him—as opposed to a simple “he flipped to Iowa”.

As he matures, the kid may prove to have his act together and even be good player. That said, I have no qualms whatsoever at UI getting our discards.
For reals?

that, and his team went 1-8. They played Iowa Falls- Alden last year, and he was not the best player on the field. Karson Sharer was that night. And he’s is someone to keep an eye on.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I can’t agree with this. “More polished” isn’t the correct term. They’re grabbing all of the players they can with size, great frames and top flight athleticism they can—before other schools notice them.

The parallel would be stuffing your cart full of everything you can at a Black Friday Sale at your favorite retailer. When no one else has been allowed in the door yet.
I would say that is the staffs normal recruiting process anyways. The difference here, and what has people freaking out IMO, is that CMC and staff evaluate and spot these kids with talent early on then offer. A lot of the times we are these kids first P5 offer. We begin to form relationships with them BEFORE summer camps are completed. Summer footballs camps happen and other P5 schools spot these kids and offers begin to roll in for them. The difference between past recruiting and now is the summer camps. I still feel there are some DANG quality players in this class right now.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would say that is the staffs normal recruiting process anyways. The difference here, and what has people freaking out IMO, is that CMC and staff evaluate and spot these kids with talent early on then offer. A lot of the times we are these kids first P5 offer. We begin to form relationships with them BEFORE summer camps are completed. Summer footballs camps happen and other P5 schools spot these kids and offers begin to roll in for them. The difference between past recruiting and now is the summer camps. I still feel there are some DANG quality players in this class right now.
Exactly. We have a chance to not get some of these kids poached when they blow up as the season goes along.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron