Top Shelf Liquor

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Finally getting a bar. I've got room for 6-8 bottles of booze. I'd like to get a nice variety of excellent quality liquor. My first bottle will be Johnny Walker Blue. What are some other must haves. Thanks in advance

Reactions: flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I've heard JW Blue is good, but I wouldn't spend $200 on a blend that tastes like a $50 single malt. If you're a scotch guy, Lagavulin 16, any Ardbeg, Laphroaig 10, Talisker 10, Aberlour A'bunadh, Glenfarclas 105.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Get the tequila Jordan drinks
Glenlivet 18
Stoli
Knob Creek

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Bourbons/ whiskeys, if you can find them:. Col. EH Taylor bottled in bond, Blanton's (good luck), any Weller's (again, good luck). Mitchers, Russells, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Larceny

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've heard JW Blue is good, but I wouldn't spend $200 on a blend that tastes like a $50 single malt. If you're a scotch guy, Lagavulin 16, any Ardbeg, Laphroaig 10, Talisker 10, Aberlour A'bunadh, Glenfarclas 105.

Yes. And yes.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
In all honesty, I just like to find stuff that tastes good and is unique regardless of price. Try finding things when you go out of state. Currently I have Johnny Drum bourbon, glenlivet French oak 15, some German schnapps and a similar Hungarian liquor (very strong), some moonshine and a bottle of tres generaciones

edit: Long shot I know, but if anyone has a line on some bootleg templeton let’s talk.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Bourbons/ whiskeys, if you can find them:. EH Taylor bottled in bond, Blanton's (good luck), any Weller's (again, good luck). Mitchers, Russells, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Larceny

Basil Hayden is another nice bourbon. A little light, but nice and smooth.

For vodka the Goose is the obvious top shelf choice but honestly I've always felt Stolichnaya is just as good. The Russkies know vodka.

For gin, I've always been a Hendrick's guy. And if you really want to impress, snag a bottle of Old Tom's Ransom. Aged gin, my favorite in the world...

RANSOM_OLD_TOM_large.jpg

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
edit: Long shot I know, but if anyone has a line on some bootleg templeton let’s talk.

My brother in law and a few of his friends are from the area and have hookups. Just an FYI if you are trying to size it for your bar, I've only ever seen it come in a clear handle (1.75), so if you want a 750ml or 1L it might not fit your setup. Although with no labeling you could transfer it to whatever.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My brother in law and a few of his friends are from the area and have hookups. Just an FYI if you are trying to size it for your bar, I've only ever seen it come in a clear handle (1.75), so if you want a 750ml or 1L it might not fit your setup. Although with no labeling you could transfer it to whatever.

I saw it in fifths at Casey's a couple years ago. I was waiting in line and was looking around, I haven't really looked since if it is still there or what size.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Bombay Saphire

What, no MD 20/20? No collection is complete without some mad dog!

If it is a domestic collection you are absolutely correct. But then what kind of collection would that be without some Two Buck Chuck? And a nice 1971 bottle of Ripple would be a very nice addition if you could find it.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
handle would be fine. That gets stashed under the bar and is only opened for special guests and special occasions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron