Top Shelf Liquor

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I think the important question to ask is how do you build a bar and have room for ONLY 6-8 bottles?

I didn't build it, now moved in and I have room for 8-10 on the top (floating) shelf and more than I'll buy in other areas of the bar. I do have some work to do on it. I've found that the floating shelf is loose and was not installed properly so I'm not putting good booze on it for fear of it falling down.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
If you want some Bourbon that is super smooth can't go wrong with Bookers https://www.bookersbourbon.com/home It has quite a bite on it though at 126 proof but is smooth as hell. I used to keep a bottle around that I swore by taking a shot of that if you had a sore throat because not only will it probably numb it up a little but if whatever you have can survive that high of proof you probably need to get some medicine for it.

I recently picked up a bottle of Bookers (2020-01 "Granny's Batch", I believe). It's really good. I'm a big fan. They just released a new batch, also, which I've seen fairly often around the Des Moines/Ankeny area.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I'm pretty sure that it was the email I saw the information on it. They had a bunch of stuff they sold that day. I know there was a Weller 12, couple Weller 107s, 4-5 of Weller Special Reserve, like 6 bottles of Blantons, 2 bottles of High West Midwinter Nights Dream, Glenfiddich Winter Storm, Henry McKenna BIB among many others.

I just bought a bottle of the McKenna 10 BiB at Total Wines in Burnsville for $32. They still had it in the glass case, though. Good stuff. I should have bought two at that price.

Reactions: mdk2isu

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My buddy was at BT distillery and bought me a bottle of Blantons. Stuffs impossible to find around here.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
**** doesn’t last long enough around here to go top shelf. There are plenty of good options below that, especially for bourbon.