Official: Haliburton Declares for Draft:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure if the piece will be shown on ESPN+ or on the Ocho but Tyrese's is getting an ESPN scouting video released soon.

@Mike_Schmitz Snippet from our in-depth ESPN Film Session with potential top-5 pick Tyrese Haliburton. Enjoyed chatting with the Iowa State PG. A lot of insightful stuff from one of the smartest players in the draft. The full segment is almost done being produced and should be released soon.

Let's be honest here, ESPN is pretty much showing the Ocho programming for the past few weeks. They were showing classic WrestleMania's for several days straight.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I feel like halliburton can actually put the ball in the bucket.
Lonzo Ball averaged 14.6 pts, on 55% shooting and 41.2% from 3 his only year at UCLA.

Haliburton averaged 15.2 on 50.9% shooting and 42.6% from 3 this past season.

Ball is a pretty good comparison. Similar body type, athleticism and playing style.

Reactions: CyPunch

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Lonzo Ball averaged 14.6 pts, on 55% shooting and 41.2% from 3 his only year at UCLA.

Haliburton averaged 15.2 on 50.9% shooting and 42.6% from 3 this past season.

Ball is a pretty good comparison. Similar body type, athleticism and playing style.

I have read in several places that NBA teams view free throw percentage as a better indicator of shooting ability because it doesn’t have all of the statistical noise (defense, spacing, assists, etc) of in-game shooting. Ball shot 67.3% on 2.7 attempts/game vs. 77.5% career for Tyrese (82.2% last year on 2 attempts/game). Lonzo isn’t an unreasonable comp, but especially after re-working his shot last summer, Tyrese projects as a much better shooter.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Make a lot of money that way...even if you're not a "star".
all the best teams in the nba have good solid players who buy into their role. Tyrese can certainly do that for somebody. Players having to change their mentality and buy into being a role player when they show potential and are highly rated/regarded young is tough, which is why there seems to be few and far between in todays game. I think Tyrese's personality and game are set up perfectly for a long career doing exactly that.

Watching the Last Dance doc made me realize one thing, there was a lot of Dudes in the 90s NBA who were solely bought into playing their role to the peak of their ability, and doing anything they could to better the team. Not as prevalent in todays game/bball culture

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Prohm's story about Tyrese yesterday was about the cutest thing ever.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I really couldn’t be any happier if Haliburton ends up being drafted 2-5. Can’t wait to watch him in the NBA. Hate the warriors, but that would be a good fit.

Reactions: LindenCy

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I really couldn’t be any happier if Haliburton ends up being drafted 2-5. Can’t wait to watch him in the NBA. Hate the warriors, but that would be a good fit.
I don't like the warriors either, but you have to admit that he would be fun to watch on that team. He would have wide open 3 pointers and shooters galore to pass the ball to.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't like the warriors either, but you have to admit that he would be fun to watch on that team. He would have wide open 3 pointers and shooters galore to pass the ball to.
Tyrese would have averaged like 8+ assists a game here if people could hit open shots.

Help Support Us

Become a patron