***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Who's the genius and sheep to push that power hour and vote out the detective? MDK first then moores, cleaver, Cubs, Clonies. Five in twenty minutes. Terrible.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Jérôme Collet should be pretty obvious at this point.

I don't like how fast the tide turned to vote out spiker last night. It makes me suspicious of the other two who were in danger of being voted out (JM4CY, PSYclone22).

If we take a snapshot of how votes looked before everyone came flooding in to vote for spiker (after 8), here's what we see:

7 PSY - CTown (12:05), CoKane (12:38), Fitzy (2:51), SCNCY (3:46), Colorado (3:57), JM4CY (3:59), Farnsy (7:38)
7 JM4CY - moores (11:04, rescind 7:13), Cleaver (3:27), North (3:49), Gipper (4:07), spiker (4:50), KC (5:20), SaraV (6:02), MeowingCows (7:07)

Make the cut-off 4 p.m. and that becomes:

6 PSY - CTown (12:05), CoKane (12:38), Fitzy (2:51), SCNCY (3:46), Colorado (3:57), JM4CY (3:59)
3 JM4CY - moores (11:04), Cleaver (3:27), North (3:49)

At this point, I tend to believe PSY is the dirty one here, because if JM4CY was the dirty one, then mafia had a clear path to keeping him safe by doing just enough to make sure PSY went home instead, as opposed to banking on a huge run on spiker.

PSY was out in front by a wide margin until after the work day. If he's dirty, then there's likely one or more mafia in this group that voted for JM4CY after 4pm to pull another lynch alternative to the top, as well:

Gipper (4:07), spiker (4:50), KC (5:20), SaraV (6:02), MeowingCows (7:07)

Thus, I will VOTE FOR PSYCLONE22 today and will keep an eye on Gipper, KC, SaraV and Cows.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
vote psyclone

Have to find out if one of the top guys from yesterday is dirty, plus he just seems to be playing dumb this game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jérôme Collet should be pretty obvious at this point.

I don't like how fast the tide turned to vote out spiker last night. It makes me suspicious of the other two who were in danger of being voted out (JM4CY, PSYclone22).

If we take a snapshot of how votes looked before everyone came flooding in to vote for spiker (after 8), here's what we see:

Make the cut-off 4 p.m. and that becomes:

At this point, I tend to believe PSY is the dirty one here, because if JM4CY was the dirty one, then mafia had a clear path to keeping him safe by doing just enough to make sure PSY went home instead, as opposed to banking on a huge run on spiker.

PSY was out in front by a wide margin until after the work day. If he's dirty, then there's likely one or more mafia in this group that voted for JM4CY after 4pm to pull another lynch alternative to the top, as well:

Thus, I will VOTE FOR PSYCLONE22 today and will keep an eye on Gipper, KC, SaraV and Cows.
Deep thinking there... I follow you Mr. Fitzgerald

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
The obvious play seems to be to trust spiker and send off north today, right?
Spiker voted for me first yesterday, and I'm a regular innocent, so that would lead me to believe he didn't find anything out.

And I think you know that.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Seems like we should probably take north out, if he's mafia I have a hard time believing psy is as he could have just voted jm. Clonies needs to go next.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
vote psyclone

Have to find out if one of the top guys from yesterday is dirty, plus he just seems to be playing dumb this game.
I have done a poor job of understanding the sheer amount of roles and how they all intertwine in this game, yes. I also wouldn't hold that against someone as being indicative of being mafia.

In regards to Fitzy's idea, it's a good one, but in games where I am mafia I ask my mafia teammates to distance themselves from me and not defend me if I'm high in votes.

In regards to being all over the place, I'm being all over the place because I want to turn up every rock I can to try to find mafia.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I think it's important to note this part of you and spiker's piece of the write-up:

Bezu Fache: He plays the lead detective who originally suspects Langdon. He will have one investigation each night, but his first investigation will be incorrect / influeNced by the mafia. He will be able to PM with his second in command, Jérôme Collet.

Based on your actions from yesterday, I take it you guys investigated Vikes on night 1. If Vikes showed up mafia, he's likely innocent, and vice versa.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I think it's important to note this part of you and spiker's piece of the write-up:

Based on your actions from yesterday, I take it you guys investigated Vikes on night 1. If Vikes showed up mafia, he's likely innocent, and vice versa.

With the detective off the table, who was investigated Day 1 and what was found would be good info to have.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

Unless they knew that we would know that and made it correct to make us believe that it was wrong.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I have done a poor job of understanding the sheer amount of roles and how they all intertwine in this game, yes. I also wouldn't hold that against someone as being indicative of being mafia.

In regards to Fitzy's idea, it's a good one, but in games where I am mafia I ask my mafia teammates to distance themselves from me and not defend me if I'm high in votes.

In regards to being all over the place, I'm being all over the place because I want to turn up every rock I can to try to find mafia.
I have a hard time believing someone like you, who's been possibly the single most detailed / in-touch player of the past few games (charts, anyone?), is having a hard time figuring things out.

The "I thought there were two mafias" defense especially doesn't fit your vibe, considering the write-up clearly says this:

This Da Vinci Code Mafia game will primarily be a battle between the Mafia (Opus Dei) and the innocents (including the Priory of Sion, regular innos, and other special innocents). The gOal of the mafia is to ensure survival of the Catholic Church by destroying the grail documents and killing Sophie (ending the bloodline of Jesus Christ). The Priory of Sion / innocents will win if Sophie is able to survive until the end and the grail documents remain secret. However, there is a third party that is only interested in revealing the grail documents and destroying the Church. Sir Leigh Teabing and his butler, Rèmy Legaludec will win if they can come into possession of the grail documents and expose their secrets to the world (Sophie must also be alive/available for DNA testing).

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Night report time:

Opus Dei has decided to hit Cy$.

Cy$ was a regular innocent. Specifically, he was the prostitute that helped ID Sophie and Langdon hailing a taxi to the police.

DSMCY is on clap watch for not voting day 2.
With this vote not counting, WDSM should also be on clap watch
Vote Spiker. Haven’t read the thread but I hold grudges.