***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yes I'm aware. Going along with the chart and making a joke. Although I kinda wish I wasn't known so early. Adds pressure of knowing people are going to follow my leads and I haven't been all that great at finding mafia so far.
Just checking. There were a lot of posts...could have been easy to overlook. :)

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I put the people I saw online but were not participating in the game off to the right as some of those people were on my list. A question I have is does the mafia get a list similar to what Arob got? Arob decided to inform us of the clues that he got via pm.

I was looking back and saw this post.

Vote Ctown.
. The timing is suspicious on this vote. This was before Arob revealed Ctown was inno after the anagram. The voting was me at 5, oldman at 2. Was this a move to hide in the background without pushing on me or a bad coincidence? Benefits are:

1) Mafia got the same clues as Arob, they found out Ctown was inno and decided to push ctown up for later before the rest of the town knew he was inno.
2) Use Ctown to hide since it was me (a reg inno) and oldman (confirmed mafia) at the top. Pushing me would look bad for people voting later and oldman is scum so he wouldn't want to push there either.

Would Fitzy do something this obvious? I can see him doing it thinking he can weasel out of it for later.
Another thing I was looking at was participation in the game thread related to salty's clue. Fitzy has been MIA throughout the whole day and this is cause he's helping the mafia team solve the puzzles that Arob has gotten.

Vote Fitzy.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
First of all, why did I bring this over from MU for this game? I noticed the puzzle from salty's first post and it would be in the innocents best interest to be collaborative and help solve the game. I'll get to this later on who I'm voting for.

My initial scum list was people that I saw being active but were not contributing to help solve the game. I brought the game here to see if those people would participate or hide to avoid suspicion.

To the game...I wasn't looking at or cared much about who said who was mafia. It could be useful but it's easy to join in and manipulate the results if you're mafia. I was looking at how people responded under a time crunch and me putting pressure on people to play.

spiker - I liked his answers. No b.s. one way or another. prob inno.
KC - wish she'd take it more seriously but think she's inno.
moores - seemed indecisive at times but wasn't terrible.
azhuth - skipped quite a few people but his answers were similar to spiker. inno for now
andy - no b.s. answers. inno for now
Clonies - I'd rather he play live but he played. I have other reasons to be suspicious of him though.
JM - most likely mafia out of the list that played. One of the things I look for is a huge number of mafia or a huge number of townies picked. JM had 12 mafia players picked, easy to manipulate to hide who his teammates are if the list is used later. I have other people on my radar though.
Psy - He knows this game so he knows what I was looking for in answers. He had quite a few mafia picks as well at 10. He had all 4 players that are kinda known as correct...my eyes on you psy.

Part 2 next.

For the record, I skipped one group of five because I got pulled off for work and thought we were done. My column just looks like a lot of white because they are in 2 groups plus I predicted one of the not so innocent not so mafia group (called it vig for short) and called cash the albino hit man (silas/scum)

Reactions: Cy$

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Hey, @VikesFan22:
900_minnesota-viking-helmet-cake-1002406JoOlG.jpg
Wouldn't eat that if my life depended on it.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I put the people I saw online but were not participating in the game off to the right as some of those people were on my list. A question I have is does the mafia get a list similar to what Arob got? Arob decided to inform us of the clues that he got via pm.

. The timing is suspicious on this vote. This was before Arob revealed Ctown was inno after the anagram. The voting was me at 5, oldman at 2. Was this a move to hide in the background without pushing on me or a bad coincidence? Benefits are:

1) Mafia got the same clues as Arob, they found out Ctown was inno and decided to push ctown up for later before the rest of the town knew he was inno.
2) Use Ctown to hide since it was me (a reg inno) and oldman (confirmed mafia) at the top. Pushing me would look bad for people voting later and oldman is scum so he wouldn't want to push there either.

Would Fitzy do something this obvious? I can see him doing it thinking he can weasel out of it for later.
Another thing I was looking at was participation in the game thread related to salty's clue. Fitzy has been MIA throughout the whole day and this is cause he's helping the mafia team solve the puzzles that Arob has gotten.

Vote Fitzy.
MU has somehow made you worse at mafia.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Vote Fitzy.

I got the same clues that Arob got and he's posted them all.

"
1 1 2 3 5 8 1 0 3 1
Poisons worry fiction
Dead ominous slip

It seams that there was also a third line of text that had already been wiped away..."

That's the entire thing. Seams I thought was a clue but Salty confirmed in this thread that it was just bad English.

Reactions: Cy$

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
PSY has my spidey sense twitching. I agree with those who have said that he doesn't seem to be the type of player to spill those kinds of beans, what with how well he sat on information in the last game.

And he immediately jumped in to put the kibosh on voting for Vikes after I speculated on his vote yesterday.

Vote PSY.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
First of all, why did I bring this over from MU for this game? I noticed the puzzle from salty's first post and it would be in the innocents best interest to be collaborative and help solve the game. I'll get to this later on who I'm voting for.

My initial scum list was people that I saw being active but were not contributing to help solve the game. I brought the game here to see if those people would participate or hide to avoid suspicion.

To the game...I wasn't looking at or cared much about who said who was mafia. It could be useful but it's easy to join in and manipulate the results if you're mafia. I was looking at how people responded under a time crunch and me putting pressure on people to play.

spiker - I liked his answers. No b.s. one way or another. prob inno.
KC - wish she'd take it more seriously but think she's inno.
moores - seemed indecisive at times but wasn't terrible.
azhuth - skipped quite a few people but his answers were similar to spiker. inno for now
andy - no b.s. answers. inno for now
Clonies - I'd rather he play live but he played. I have other reasons to be suspicious of him though.
JM - most likely mafia out of the list that played. One of the things I look for is a huge number of mafia or a huge number of townies picked. JM had 12 mafia players picked, easy to manipulate to hide who his teammates are if the list is used later. I have other people on my radar though.
Psy - He knows this game so he knows what I was looking for in answers. He had quite a few mafia picks as well at 10. He had all 4 players that are kinda known as correct...my eyes on you psy.

Part 2 next.
"Clonies - I'd rather he play live but he played. I have other reasons to be suspicious of him though."

I think him publicly solving the write-up is a pretty heavy sign he's inno for me. I'm curious what else you are considering for him.

Separately, vote moores for some shaky answers, worst of which was his Ctown being "probably innocent, not really sure".

If he's probably innocent, what's to be unsure about?

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
"Clonies - I'd rather he play live but he played. I have other reasons to be suspicious of him though."

I think him publicly solving the write-up is a pretty heavy sign he's inno for me. I'm curious what else you are considering for him.

Separately, vote moores for some shaky answers, worst of which was his Ctown being "probably innocent, not really sure".

If he's probably innocent, what's to be unsure about?
i didn't like him trying to push for a different vote for oldman. I doubt he'd do that if he was scum but it looks sketchy.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm trying to determine when mafia would have started voting for oldman. I imagine at least one would have voted for him prior to the puzzle reveal.

22 oldman - Vikes (11:53), Andybernard (12:10), 2015 (1:23), Azhuth (4:17), CyArob (5:38), Cy$ (5:44), CTown (6:30), Cyfan13 (6:40), moores (6:41), cleaver (6:42), Michael (6:48), North (6:54), discy (6:57), clonies (6:57), PSY (7:13), KC (7:17), Fitzy (7:31), WDSM (7:32), SaraV (7:39), CYme (7:41), CoKane (7:59), JM4CY (8:12)

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I wanted to confirm that Arob revealed it. That only leaves andy, 2015, azhuth and me. Maybe my theory is wrong.

The other thing to think about is how quickly mafia would have piled on following the reveal.