New Mortgage Question

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was supposed to close on my refi yesterday. Pushed because they misspelled my first name in one spot, so all the papers need redone.

Anyway, they did not ask that question, but I work remotely in non-covid times.
We had that when we closed on our house about 15 years ago. They misspelled my name throughout, but they went back and made the change to all the documents and were back ready for us to sign in about 10 minutes.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
We had that when we closed on our house about 15 years ago. They misspelled my name throughout, but they went back and made the change to all the documents and were back ready for us to sign in about 10 minutes.
Yeah it doesn’t really sound like we’re getting the full story.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO

They want a written letter.
Actually my employer will send them a letter stating that working in an office is not required to maintain employment. So I will be fine.

More curious if other people are seeing this.

Rates are low, but compared to past mortgage discussions, this one has had many more questions, and I mean some crazy ones.. Even though I am putting down a decent chunk and have shown assets to protect them.

Maybe because this is a new mortgage and not a refi, is making it more challenging.

My wife's work has moved us 4 times since 2014. The first 2 times, I needed the written letters from my employer for the bank / mortgage company when buying a house. 3rd time was for the property management company handling our rental in the UK. Last move was back to the US and our current house, which we had been renting out, so no letter required yet but re-fi on the way probably.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone on here think there is smoke the theory "wait until the fall, houses will be cheap"?

have heard that a couple times from a few self proclaimed experts at work.

I saw Reynolds removed the eviction ban, but have never saw any stats on Iowa unemployment, only national.

Looking at how fast houses are moving, I am not seeing that theory holding water as of now. But maybe it will be later this year.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone on here think there is smoke the theory "wait until the fall, houses will be cheap"?

have heard that a couple times from a few self proclaimed experts at work.

I saw Reynolds removed the eviction ban, but have never saw any stats on Iowa unemployment, only national.

Looking at how fast houses are moving, I am not seeing that theory holding water as of now. But maybe it will be later this year.

Really hard to say but the market is hot now. And I hate buying things that are up this much. As interest rates go down the prices go up but at some point these interest rates cannot stay low. Plus you have all of the deferments right now (8 million if I remember correctly) and how many are going to be able to catch up with one large chunk, very few I imagine.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Really hard to say but the market is hot now. And I hate buying things that are up this much. As interest rates go down the prices go up but at some point these interest rates cannot stay low. Plus you have all of the deferments right now (8 million if I remember correctly) and how many are going to be able to catch up with one large chunk, very few I imagine.

From Freddie's page:
What is COVID-19 Payment Deferral?

The recently announced COVID-19 Payment Deferral solution returns a homeowner’s monthly mortgage payment to its pre-COVID amount by adding up to 12 months of missed payments to the end of their mortgage term without accruing any additional interest or late fees. This will ensure your mortgage is current once you are back on your feet and when other options, such as a repayment plan, are not feasible

http://www.freddiemac.com/blog/homeownership/20200514_understanding_payment_deferral.page

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
This is a very important issue, it is better to consult brokers to find a profitable mortgage, and then it does not matter where you work at home or in the office.
Ok bot. In a week or so when this thread falls back off page 1 this joker will go in and edit his post to include a url backlink to boost the SEO on whatever garbage website they are trying to jump up the search rankings.

TinaKozy

Nov 25, 2022
In fact, this is a very relevant issue, especially after quarantine, when most people began to work remotely from home. Recently my sister decided to take out a mortgage to buy a new apartment. But she had been working from home for a couple of years and she was afraid that because of this she would not be given permission for a mortgage.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In fact, this is a very relevant issue, especially after quarantine, when most people began to work remotely from home. Recently my sister decided to take out a mortgage to buy a new apartment. But she had been working from home for a couple of years and she was afraid that because of this she would not be given permission for a mortgage.
Just because your sister isn’t smart, doesn’t make it an important question.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
So, the person who BCClone replied to, TinaKozy, a bot, right? New profile, only this message in the history, non sensical mortgage on an apartment story. Just curious.

I didn’t tag them to not wake the bot.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, the person who BCClone replied to, TinaKozy, a bot, right? New profile, only this message in the history, non sensical mortgage on an apartment story. Just curious.

I didn’t tag them to not wake the bot.
Guessing they probably are if true.

joannejones

Jun 20, 2023
Congrats on building your new home and securing a mortgage. It's interesting to hear about the question regarding the ability to work remotely or from home. Three years ago, that might not have been a common concern. Nowadays, it's become more relevant with the changing work landscape. Employers want assurance that you can still maintain your employment even if you can't physically go to the office. If you need expert advice and assistance, I suggest contacting a Mortgage Broker in Swindon. They can guide you through the process and provide valuable insights.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er