Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Let's see, once you get away from how well LSU pays, I'd say there's a chance.

Illinois has a bunch of moving parts.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I’ve seen conflicting articles about whether or not he’s a grad transfer. If Brown doesn’t stay in the draft (and disregarding any impending NCAA vote) wouldn’t he be immediately eligible due to Wake firing Manning?

Or is a coaching change still technically a case-by-case review for a waiver?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’ve seen conflicting articles about whether or not he’s a grad transfer. If Brown doesn’t stay in the draft (and disregarding any impending NCAA vote) wouldn’t he be immediately eligible due to Wake firing Manning?

Or is a coaching change still technically a case-by-case review for a waiver?

He'll get a waiver if he comes here with our compliance department and the fact Manning got fired

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Does the firing matter if you transfer before he’s fired?

Not that it matters as everyone is expected to be eligible anyways.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Coming in to the offseason, we knew Prohm needed to land two big 12 caliber players, Harris is one IMO, landing Brown changes the outlook next season. Being a tourney team will still probably hinge on Johnson, one of the frosh or one of the two other open schollies being legit but Prohm will have put himself in a position to compete. Probably his best spring class.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Technically Brown is still with Wake Forest until he commits to another school.. So when he enters portal doesn’t really matter from the coach being fired standpoint and waiver imo.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Coming in to the offseason, we knew Prohm needed to land two big 12 caliber players, Harris is one IMO, landing Brown changes the outlook next season. Being a tourney team will still probably hinge on Johnson, one of the frosh or one of the two other open schollies being legit but Prohm will have put himself in a position to compete. Probably his best spring class.

yea if we land Brown I don’t see Prohm getting another kid this year.

he will maybe grab a sit out and bank one..

Assuming both Harris and Brown are immediately eligible..

Harris
Bolton
Brown
Javon
SY

Tre
XF
Dudley
Conditt

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Harris
Bolton
Brown
Javon
SY

Tre
XF
Dudley
Conditt

It'd be interesting to see where the last two spots went, especially if it's looking there will be no sit out players. If sits were involved, he'd be in a great spot to bank some insurance for 21/22 in case the freshman don't pan out. If you land a Brown or a Coleman-lands type of kid, it's probably better to take a chance on the young guys rather than bring in someone eligible unless you know you're bringing in a starting caliber player. There are always misses in recruiting but I'd be really surprised if 2 or 3 of the freshman aren't rotation guys next year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
LSU recruited him hard out of high school. I'm guessing they're the team to beat

LSU recruiting ties and then there is just good ‘ole transfer successful power Gonzaga.... oh boy. Good luck, CSP.
I wish these transfer guys would just commit & not put out these final 4 lists. What is the point of that? Not a knock on them, just an honest question on how it matters when they are talking to the coaches behind the scenes anyway.
Ex: Haarms narrowed down to UK, TT, & BYU before choosing BYU. How does it matter UK & TT were in the final 3? I mean it’s not the Bachelor show ;)

Reactions: isutrevman

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
what’s up with big 12 opponent players lobbying for Iowa State on a transfer like this?

I’m not complaining, just seems random for someone like Garrett who’s still playing. I guess could be friends and want to play against one another for the helluva it? Or maybe Bill suddenly wants a transfer?

i believe we were in garrets final five but it was clear as day he was going to pick ku.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LSU recruiting ties and then there is just good ‘ole transfer successful power Gonzaga.... oh boy. Good luck, CSP.
I wish these transfer guys would just commit & not put out these final 4 lists. What is the point of that? Not a knock on them, just an honest question on how it matters when they are talking to the coaches behind the scenes anyway.
Ex: Haarms narrowed down to UK, TT, & BYU before choosing BYU. How does it matter UK & TT were in the final 3? I mean it’s not the Bachelor show ;)
In some instances "bag men" might care.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Harris
Bolton
Brown
Javon
SY

Tre
XF
Dudley
Conditt
We’ll try to add another guard imo

Help Support Us

Become a patron