***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
You’ve got to include sitouts imo....

That's fine, Nate has sit outs on his list.

You've picked four combining sit outs and eligible guys, which only makes sense.

Just curious which four guys Hal feels will add wins next year (his criteria) over Buggs.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
But who are all these great PG’s who have so much better stats than Buggs?.
Most of the pgs for successful Big 12 teams?

Buggs is one of our better options at the moment, that doesn’t mean his body of work suggests he’s going to be good enough to tangibly help. First, hopefully he’s one of those anomalies that gets better the first year when moving up. Second, aren’t you the one frequently mentioning Johnson being a point-forward? Why can’t some of these other players now change positions?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Saying people complained about nearly all of our transfers for some reason or another is not saying he will be a Kane.
You’re right, and no one accused you of such. Read again = reread Brokenlogin’s post. Did you see such accusation?
Is universal praise required for all successful transfers before skepticism about Buggs is valid?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Most of the pgs for successful Big 12 teams?

Buggs is one of our better options at the moment, that doesn’t mean his body of work suggests he’s going to be good enough to tangibly help. First, hopefully he’s one of those anomalies that gets better the first year when moving up. Second, aren’t you the one frequently mentioning Johnson being a point-forward? Why can’t some of these other players now change positions?

Prohm mentioned it, and as of now he would have to be it. I want a PG so he doesn’t have to do it.

So again, or are all of these better PG’s available right now?

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Who was complaining about Shayok? He averaged the second most points for Virginia his junior season.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Who was complaining about Shayok? He averaged the second most points for Virginia his junior season.

There were people. Probably the ones who only look at the box score and don’t factor in style of play. Also it was Weiler-Babb I was thinking of earlier, not Kane.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't think anyone complained about getting him. A lot of fans drastically underestimated the impact he would end up having though because his stats at Virginia didn't jump off the page.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
There were people. Probably the ones who only look at the box score and don’t factor in style of play. Also it was Weiler-Babb I was thinking of earlier, not Kane.

The Nick Weiler Babb is the comparison I think people need to focus on. Sure we could use another high volume shooter who we could count on for 12- 15ppg from the perimeter. If we had Bolton, Johnson and said possible transfer that could be a pretty potent perimeter group.

Just like Babb was the glue on ISU teams, Buggs could fill a similar roll. A 5th option on offense who will get everyone else the ball in positions that maximize their scoring chances. IMO a solid assist guy at PG would have the greatest benefit for Young, Conditt and Foster.

On defense, as a bigger guard, he could play the opponents 3 giving Jackson more minutes as a spot up 3 point shooter who then guards the opponents PG.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I have no idea who we will finally sign in the next 3 months, but no one will be good enough to matter. I think we're looking at 3 scenarios:

9 wins: fans miserable, prohm fired
12 wins: fans miserable, 50/50 prohm fired
14 wins: fans miserable, prohm gets 1 more year

ok, back to arguing about mediocre hopeful transfers.....

Reactions: Halincandenza