***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Buggs is the best option at PG right now. We still need someone to score as well.

People didn’t like Shayok or Kane based on their stats either.

Hell we would still have 3 more scholarships and could even recruit over him if the opportunity presented itself.

Hell when we got Kane, we didn’t even have a scholarship. We let a recent transfer commit go to add Kane.

I don’t remember too many smart basketball people complaining about Kane. I think Buggs would be a solid get at this point. Can run the point, distributes the ball well and has some size similar to Nick Babb. Shooting is a concern but you have to feel the gaping hole at PG and hope it leads to another solid wing commit.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Prohm mentioned it, and as of now he would have to be it. I want a PG so he doesn’t have to do it.

So again, or are all of these better PG’s available right now?
You don’t think Prohm would mention the same about many of these guards?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No different than running with getting player like Buggs over “interest” from places like Gonzaga, right?

I agree. Getting Buggs over Gonzaga would be a big win. Missouri still scares me though. Martin can flat out recruit

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree. Getting Buggs over Gonzaga would be a big win. Missouri still scares me though. Martin can flat out recruit
I used to think that too, but outside of hiring the dad of the Porter brothers, his recruiting hasn't been that good at Missouri. Quite a bit worse than Prohm actually.

Their last 3 classes finished 9th, 11th and 14th in the SEC.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bigger than getting Beverly over St Johns, I hope!

Does Loyola scare you for Buggs?

St John's was after every transfer and they sucked.

I'm just happy Gonzaga and Cal didn't make the final cut for Buggs. I think we have a good shot at him but I thought that too for Gomez

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014

Interesting piece, from his highlights looks like he's desperately a non-shooter and played almost the 4, or scored on a lot of guard post-ups and what not. Intrigued how a guy can average that many a game while not shooting outside and having defenders actively social distancing while he has the ball at the top of the key.