DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Give the man another chance to dig himself and the program out of this hole they're in. Hell, give him 2 more chances since COVID 19 has ruined this spring class, and could potentially impact the upcoming season as well. If we get more of the 12,13 win variety seasons the answer will be obvious to everyone. If he can get this team on the bubble within the next couple years, maybe he deserves to stick around. College basketball is cyclical for programs like ISU. We're in a downturn right now for sure, but it should bounce back. It could with prohm, or with out him.

Man - if we can get on the bubble once in 3 years you think we should keep our coach? Those are incredibly low expectations. We should expect much more success than that.

This isn’t a situation where a new coach came in to rebuild a program. The current coach is responsible for the current sad state of the program.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Would you guys get over this FAMU obsession? College basketball is more competitive every year so yes unexpected losses are going to occur. Do you suppose the Kentucky fans are obsessing over their loss to Evansville this year AT HOME? No one on here can dispute that Kentucky certainly has more talent than almost every team they play, yet they stull sometimes lose.

View attachment 71290
View attachment 71291

Kentucky lost to a bad team? Well that changes everything. Time to completely rethink our assessments of our coaches performance at ISU.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
So you’re openly rooting for Iowa State men’s basketball to lose next year. Because that is the only way that will happen.

just admit it. It shouldn’t be that hard.

Grow up and learn to respond to what people actually say, rather than desperately inventing a position you want to argue against.

I will be freaking thrilled if we somehow bounce back and make the tourney next year. It would sure make that more likely if our coach could have some success recruiting this spring.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I know 247 has only been compiling rankings since the early 2000s, but a bit shocking to see so many busts inside our top 12. Griffin, Lewis, and J. Long back to back to back. Goes to show 4 stars doesn't mean **** anymore, they're handed out like candy. Oh, and besides Foster, none of the incoming guys are ahead of the aforementioned 3 busts. I won't be waiting with baited breath for these guys to be high impact guys next year for us. Will be pleasantly surprised if more than 2 of them last all 4 years based on the recent track record.

Dubar looks pretty talented. Prohm knows PG’s so maybe Walker exceeds expectations, if he even is a college PG.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
God for bid people have actual expectations for this program.
You see, we used to have a really ****** coach, so because prohms good years are better than that old ****** coach, we should be happy to put up with 20 loss seasons and historic home losses, and needing to replace 8 players in 1 year. And before that ****** coach, before many on this board were even alive, we were bad at basketball forever, and that means we should be happy with being bad at basketball now, because prohm won a 3 day tournament and gave us a first round ncaa loss sandwhiched between 2 of the worst seasons in decades.

Reactions: cyson

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Man - if we can get on the bubble once in 3 years you think we should keep our coach? Those are incredibly low expectations. We should expect much more success than that.

This isn’t a situation where a new coach came in to rebuild a program. The current coach is responsible for the current sad state of the program.
Seems low, I agree. Those “up” years would need to have some very strong Tournament runs. Remember when Scott Drew reached two Elite Eights?!? Some bad years mixed around, but that will keep you full for awhile.

*two elite eights facing double digit seeds the whole way! Must be nice!

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Just start reporting Cat for trolling.
I personally appreciate Cat for his passion. He has mellowed since his return to the board. IMO, Some of you just dismiss him out of hat based on how divisive he was in the past. If you actually read what he says, it may give you some different perspective on things without having to actually change your mind completely.:)

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
this is a ridiculous argument. You think there aren’t expectations?

next you can tell everyone how you don’t accept mediocrity

It’s not an argument. It’s a statement. You are a broken record, we all get it - you think no one should complain about the state of the program. That’s fine but let others have a different opinion.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Dubar looks pretty talented. Prohm knows PG’s so maybe Walker exceeds expectations, if he even is a college PG.
I’m sure I’m not alone in being Very excited for Dubar!

Was it you that I asked if Dubar could play the 4? Not the very next day or so, Corey Evans listed him as possibility being our small ball four!

Like you said, Prohm knows guards, so I think Walker will give positive minutes by conference play.

Land two of Kiel, the D2 kid, and Brown (WF early entry), and we’re going to be good. Add a pg, and we’d be very good!

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I personally appreciate Cat for his passion. He has mellowed since his return to the board. IMO, Some of you just dismiss him out of hat based on how divisive he was in the past. If you actually read what he says, it may give you some different perspective on things without having to actually change your mind completely.:)
He was worse than this at one point? Has he ever been anything but miserable? Poor guy.

I like him, but I liked him better when I thought it was a satire account. So much energy! His responses need a lot of work. His anger seems to manifest in nothing but continual fallacies and hypocrisy.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Oh i get his point of view. He is just wrong. He thinks we need to blow smoke up the coaches ass to support the program. Its possible to want isu to win and think we have a better shot to do that without prohm, while still wanting prohm to figure it out.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
He was worse than this at one point? Has he ever been anything but miserable? Poor guy.

I like him, but I liked him better when I thought it was a satire account. So much energy! His responses need a lot of work. His anger seems to manifest in nothing but continual fallacies and hypocrisy.
There are others on here that get away with murder and get very nasty as they attempt to turn every thread into the cave. I may be wrong, but the more frequent posters that fit this description have just worn people out who don't want to be attacked because they have a different opinion/perspective. I like to hear all angles because I don't pretend to know everything about everything. It must get pretty lonely living in the ivory tower some on here appear to live in.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
that’s really stupid.

I’m an Iowa State alum and fan. You all are the ones that fan boy over Fred.

Again, if you want Steve prohm to be fired, you are saying you are rooting for Iowa State to lose next year.

Stupid eh? I hope Steve turns it around. We ALL do. We just don't see the evidence that he's capable of it.

You doubting our 'fanhood' is hilarious. I am an alum, my wife is an alum, we have 3 young children and most of our favorite family memories are from Cyclone affiliated events. I will NEVER forget charging the field after defeating TCU with my 4 yr old in my shoulders. I will never forget Allen Lazard giving that same child his warmup receiver gloves before the Iowa Game. We took our entire family (at the time 2 3 yr olds and my wife) to Chicago for the sweet 16 game against UVA as we knew it could be those Seniors Last game. This is just my story, others on here possibly do more. We are all Cyclones. So don't try to say we're not because we disagree with you or the current direction of the program.

In regards to Steve, these are the patterns that we see.

• Truly awful mind boggling losses
  • Completely losing his teams.
* There is a reason that the team imploded right before our Big12 run.
* There is a reason that Wiggins would have never considered staying for last year even though he wasn't getting drafted.
*There is a reason that we lose to Florida A&M and later a bubble Tech team by 30 at home.
* There is a reason we only have 9 scholarship players for next year and 4 of them are Freshman.​

How you think the above is a recipe for success is beyond me. And for you to say that those of us who see the writing on the wall "want the team to fail" is what I would call in your own words "stupid" .

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Give the man another chance to dig himself and the program out of this hole they're in. Hell, give him 2 more chances since COVID 19 has ruined this spring class, and could potentially impact the upcoming season as well. If we get more of the 12,13 win variety seasons the answer will be obvious to everyone. If he can get this team on the bubble within the next couple years, maybe he deserves to stick around. College basketball is cyclical for programs like ISU. We're in a downturn right now for sure, but it should bounce back. It could with prohm, or with out him.

The reality is still that he will be the coach here next year, and possibly the year after now with the pandemic.

The only way he will lose his job at this point is if he has another year like last year, and leaves JP no choice. And he still might get another year after that with the pandemic.

hoping he is fired is saying that you want the team to lose next year, and possibly the year after.

don’t think the kids that are here, and the ones coming in, don’t notice.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Stupid eh? I hope Steve turns it around. We ALL do. We just don't see the evidence that he's capable of it.

You doubting our 'fanhood' is hilarious. I am an alum, my wife is an alum, we have 3 young children and most of our favorite family memories are from Cyclone affiliated events. I will NEVER forget charging the field after defeating TCU with my 4 yr old in my shoulders. I will never forget Allen Lazard giving that same child his warmup receiver gloves before the Iowa Game. We took our entire family (at the time 2 3 yr olds and my wife) to Chicago for the sweet 16 game against UVA as we knew it could be those Seniors Last game. This is just my story, others on here possibly do more. We are all Cyclones. So don't try to say we're not because we disagree with you or the current direction of the program.

In regards to Steve, these are the patterns that we see.

• Truly awful mind boggling losses
  • Completely losing his teams.
* There is a reason that the team imploded right before our Big12 run.
* There is a reason that Wiggins would have never considered staying for last year even though he wasn't getting drafted.
*There is a reason that we lose to Florida A&M and later a bubble Tech team by 30 at home.
* There is a reason we only have 9 scholarship players for next year and 4 of them are Freshman.​

How you think the above is a recipe for success is beyond me. And for you to say that those of us who see the writing on the wall "want the team to fail" is what I would call in your own words "stupid" .

That’s not what you all are saying. You keep repeating the company line here.

if he fails he will lose his job, and no one will have to ever hear about him again.

but to want him fired means that you want JP to have no choice. That means you want Iowa State to lose next year

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Grow up and learn to respond to what people actually say, rather than desperately inventing a position you want to argue against.

I will be freaking thrilled if we somehow bounce back and make the tourney next year. It would sure make that more likely if our coach could have some success recruiting this spring.

That is exactly what you are saying. You want Steve Prohm fired.

that only happens if we have another year like this past one.

So, rather than hope for the best and support the program, you are saying that what you want is for the team to fail.

In any language, that means you hope we lose so he is gone.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Oh i get his point of view. He is just wrong. He thinks we need to blow smoke up the coaches ass to support the program. Its possible to want isu to win and think we have a better shot to do that without prohm, while still wanting prohm to figure it out.
That's how we end up with Paul for 3 years too long

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
That's how we end up with Paul for 3 years too long
Was it too long?
I loved Paul, he helped shape the culture that enabled us to attract CMC. However, seeing winnable games turn into losses that final year, lead nearly everyone, including me, to the same conclusion, it was time for a change. I think we will see the same with CSP if the results do not improve with the talent we are bringing in. Whether that is 1 more year or two or if at all, if the winning comes again, remains to be seen. I think JP has a very good feel for these things. Act too quickly and you have a self inflicted Hoiberg vs Prohm like situation with a split fan base. As we see on this board, that is not an ideal situation.