DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
But fortunately for Fred, Larry took care of that embarrassing ncaa tourney loss. He’s only second on that list.

Hahahaha, are you comparing an NCAA tourney loss as a 3 seed to the loss @ Hilton against Florida A&M? You truly are a Prohm Cultist. Or maybe you get so burned by Hoiberg that you worship Prohm's "loyalty". It's hard to tell which one it is.

One of those was a **** end to a pretty awesome season. The other, is quite literally, one of the worst losses by a power 5 team since advanced analytics started being tracked. I'll let you guess which one was which.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Hindsight is so easy. Isn't it? I'm just trying to get people with all the opinions on the front end of the possible scenarios. I've said it before and I'll say it again: people who only criticize without solutions aren't my cup of tea.
Yes, it is! So why are you struggling so much? We have the benefit of having actual results! We don’t need to predict how Prohm will do after it’s fully his program. Do you think Prohm in coaching reviews on the 12-20 season yells “that’s hindsight”!

The “that’s hindsight” response is always good humor, but a fallacy and telling of those taking it too personally. It would be relevant if I were applying to be head coach and contending to be a better P5 than Prohm. That’s not needed in determining whether Prohm has done an adequate job in meeting previous challenges of his P5 job. Good coaches have foresight for what others need hindsight!!

You’re no cup of tea yourself! What solutions have you provided? None. Just illogical drivel and fallacies. What’s worse than not providing solutions to questions or problems? Choosing ignorance and avoiding discussing said problems! Solutions have been provided: new assistants (my favorite) or new head coach (not there yet). With your allusions to false authority and zero solutions, I suspect this will be your last post on the issue?

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Or fantasy!

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

Now I know JESUS arouse in 3 days....GOD created earth in 6. So why has it been 13 long months since we have experienced this. The answer is obvious.....Steve Prohm. I know, I know today's culture of...."what have you done for me lately". I get it. However, when you post.....why am I always seeing the carnival barker in the "Wizard of Oz" saying......."pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" ?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

Now I know JESUS arouse in 3 days....GOD created earth in 6. So why has it been 13 long months since we have experienced this. The answer is obvious.....Steve Prohm. I know, I know today's culture of...."what have you done for me lately". I get it. However, when you post.....why am I always seeing the carnival barker in the "Wizard of Oz" saying......."pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" ?
Oh, you’re one of these lunatics!

Yes, a fun three days. Both impressive and bewildering at the same time! A nice accomplishment, but overplayed by you and a few others. It’s not indefinite immunity, and not a good enough high point for a 4 year span (if next year is poor). Kevin Ollie won the national title and was fired a few years later!

Try not to be so singular in your assessment. There have been some positives, less so after the transition, but not enough to overcome the negatives- hello we just went 12-20 and are very possibly looking at 3 very bad years in 4!

Prohm hasn’t done a good job in maintaining success, that’s indisputable. With some staff changes and the recruits that could follow, hr could do a good job in the future.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hey, you are just being a bad fan.

By my definition, fans who place loyalty to a specific coach over the ISU program itself are the bad fans.

This is the stupidest ******* statement.

do you guys actually realize that rooting for Iowa State basketball is actually synonymous with rooting for Steve Prohm since he’s the ******* coach, and all.

he will be here next year, at least. I would like to see him be successful, because that means Iowa State is successful.

that’s not the case with all of you. You want him to lose so he’s gone, cool. But that absolutely means you don’t want Iowa State to win.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The solution is to replace Prohm with a coach who can succeed at the Big 12 level.

So you’re openly rooting for Iowa State men’s basketball to lose next year. Because that is the only way that will happen.

just admit it. It shouldn’t be that hard.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hahahaha, are you comparing an NCAA tourney loss as a 3 seed to the loss @ Hilton against Florida A&M? You truly are a Prohm Cultist. Or maybe you get so burned by Hoiberg that you worship Prohm's "loyalty". It's hard to tell which one it is.

One of those was a **** end to a pretty awesome season. The other, is quite literally, one of the worst losses by a power 5 team since advanced analytics started being tracked. I'll let you guess which one was which.

that’s really stupid.

I’m an Iowa State alum and fan. You all are the ones that fan boy over Fred.

Again, if you want Steve prohm to be fired, you are saying you are rooting for Iowa State to lose next year.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Oh, you’re one of these lunatics!

And there it is......the curtain has been raised. That wasn't so hard was it? As for this statement:

There have been some positives, less so after the transition, but not enough to overcome the negatives-

He has been here 5 seasons..........3 of those winning. Two having the photos you so loathe...3 NCAA banners and 1 sweet 16. The scale is still in his favor. In this discussion with another poster did you not say this:

Hindsight is so easy.

Yes, it is!

And I agree.....hindsight is always easy. However, some of us are seeing it widescreen while others are looking at the 4" screen on their phone skipping through the parts they don't want to see.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
He could not lose to Florida A&M.
Would you guys get over this FAMU obsession? College basketball is more competitive every year so yes unexpected losses are going to occur. Do you suppose the Kentucky fans are obsessing over their loss to Evansville this year AT HOME? No one on here can dispute that Kentucky certainly has more talent than almost every team they play, yet they stull sometimes lose.

upload_2020-4-18_9-24-57.png
upload_2020-4-18_9-25-37.png

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
And there it is......the curtain has been raised. That wasn't so hard was it? As for this statement:

He has been here 5 seasons..........3 of those winning. Two having the photos you so loathe...3 NCAA banners and 1 sweet 16. The scale is still in his favor. In this discussion with another poster did you not say this:

And I agree.....hindsight is always easy. However, some of us are seeing it widescreen while others are looking at the 4" screen on their phone skipping through the parts they don't want to see.

I agree that three NCAA tournament experiences in five years is not something a coach should be fired over in a vacuum. But you are simple choosing a different 4” inch screen if you aren’t giving context to what happened the four years before he took over. 4 consecutive tournament appearance prior to his regime taking place.
It’s not so much the rebooting that is the problem but the absolute lack of competitiveness in those two years. 19 losses by 14 points or more in those two years. 7 of those 19 losses by 14 or more came inside Hilton. It’s not like we are 16-15 or 17-14 in these rebuilds and that goes directly to the failure to develop the middle of the roster.

Reactions: xboxfever

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Would you guys get over this FAMU obsession? College basketball is more competitive every year so yes unexpected losses are going to occur. Do you suppose the Kentucky fans are obsessing over their loss to Evansville this year AT HOME? No one on here can dispute that Kentucky certainly has more talent than almost every team they play, yet they stull sometimes lose.

View attachment 71290
View attachment 71291

Explain to me how many times Kentucky has lost by 14 points or more at home in the last three years. Probably not seven times. I wonder if Kentucky fans don’t obsess over Evansville because they won the SEC title and didn’t have a 20 loss season.
Upsets happen but the loss by Kentucky to Evansville and Duke to SF Austin say different things than a loss by us to a Florida AM that only beat Seattle and us in their non-conference.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Give the man another chance to dig himself and the program out of this hole they're in. Hell, give him 2 more chances since COVID 19 has ruined this spring class, and could potentially impact the upcoming season as well. If we get more of the 12,13 win variety seasons the answer will be obvious to everyone. If he can get this team on the bubble within the next couple years, maybe he deserves to stick around. College basketball is cyclical for programs like ISU. We're in a downturn right now for sure, but it should bounce back. It could with prohm, or with out him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

View attachment 71290
View attachment 71291

and a fired coach for a title 9 violation.

the promise of that year, really blew up in the aces faces

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I know 247 has only been compiling rankings since the early 2000s, but a bit shocking to see so many busts inside our top 12. Griffin, Lewis, and J. Long back to back to back. Goes to show 4 stars doesn't mean **** anymore, they're handed out like candy. Oh, and besides Foster, none of the incoming guys are ahead of the aforementioned 3 busts. I won't be waiting with baited breath for these guys to be high impact guys next year for us. Will be pleasantly surprised if more than 2 of them last all 4 years based on the recent track record.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
This is the stupidest ******* statement.

do you guys actually realize that rooting for Iowa State basketball is actually synonymous with rooting for Steve Prohm since he’s the ******* coach, and all.

he will be here next year, at least. I would like to see him be successful, because that means Iowa State is successful.

that’s not the case with all of you. You want him to lose so he’s gone, cool. But that absolutely means you don’t want Iowa State to win.

You repeat this exact same BS argument. over and over. I guess this braindead argument is the best you have?

No. We’ll be cheering for ISU basketball to win next year. You mindlessly saying this over and over won’t change that.