Metcalf Possibly Leaving?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Gilman went on Flo and said it didn't have anything to do with money which I know is a lie. Lol he didn't even sell it well. He also said it Lee had "zero impact" on his decision to leave which is what most Iowa fans were grasping onto when they couldn't come to terms other RTC's were out bidding them for their own guys

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I'm not saying money wasn't the ultimate driving factor but Gilman could see Lee was going to be the prodigy (rightfully so) for HWC.

Penn State needed a lightweight guy and they got more $ than god himself to throw at guys. Gilman cash the check, get a change of scenery and work on some stuff with the coaches that will be backing you 100%.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I'm not saying money wasn't the ultimate driving factor but Gilman could see Lee was going to be the prodigy (rightfully so) for HWC.

Penn State needed a lightweight guy and they got more $ than god himself to throw at guys. Gilman cash the check, get a change of scenery and work on some stuff with the coaches that will be backing you 100%.
Gilman was on the Bader show and said he isn't going to make more money. He's been looking at different options for a while, more for a change of scenery than anything. It was rumored he was going to leave to workout with Kolat before he left for Navy. Perry leaving was the last straw. He said T&T are paid by the University so their number one priority is the kids that are still in college. I'm sure he felt like he is playing 2nd fiddle to Lee at this point and it would be the same way at Ok St with Fix.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Gilman was on the Bader show and said he isn't going to make more money. He's been looking at different options for a while, more for a change of scenery than anything. It was rumored he was going to leave to workout with Kolat before he left for Navy. Perry leaving was the last straw. He said T&T are paid by the University so their number one priority is the kids that are still in college. I'm sure he felt like he is playing 2nd fiddle to Lee at this point and it would be the same way at Ok St with Fix.
Gilman is a smart kid he knows better than to burn bridges.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Link? Why would he lie? No one would blame him if he left for more money.

Someone in the HWC club told me they couldn't come close to matching Penn State's offer

Why would he lie instead of being honest and say Iowa couldn't afford to pay one of their own wrestling legends enough to stay? Lol is that a serious question?

Reactions: Scott34

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Someone in the HWC club told me they couldn't come close to matching Penn State's offer

Why would he lie instead of being honest and say Iowa couldn't afford to pay one of their own wrestling legends enough to stay? Lol is that a serious question?
More of your imaginary insider info. A friend of a friend told me it had more to do with not wanting to be in the same room as Spencer Lee. The money will take care of itself eventually.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
More of your imaginary insider info. A friend of a friend told me it had more to do with not wanting to be in the same room as Spencer Lee. The money will take care of itself eventually.

He said it had zero to do with Lee. So you think he's lying about that but being honest about the HWC's current funding dilemma? Lol!

Reactions: Scott34

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gilman will always be an Iowa guy. The Iowa room is what got him to where he is. Everyone knows it. Regardless, wish him the best.

Reactions: cyputz

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Gilman will always be an Iowa guy. The Iowa room is what got him to where he is. Everyone knows it. Regardless, wish him the best.

It will be interesting to see what his thoughts are when he wrestles Lee with Brands in the opposite corner.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It will be interesting to see what his thoughts are when he wrestles Lee with Brands in the opposite corner.

I like Spencer's chances but will be a hell of a match. Unreal how many world-class guys at those lower weights come out of IC.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
If you have a Flo subscription, go watch his interview with Bader. He keeps saying it had nothing to do with Lee and the coaches, but he is literally grinding his teeth as he speaks. Everything about his mannerisms says there is a LOT of tension there.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Interesting. I would have expected a bigger name to be pursued honestly. Dennis is obviously a Brands guy, but I think that's probably a significant step back from Perry both on and off the mat.

Help Support Us

Become a patron