Aiken

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If we don’t land Turner or Aiken we will be lucky to be anywhere near .500. If we had Carton it’s possible we’d convince ourselves the next year would be better, resulting in us keeping Prohm. In reality, Carton is good but he’s not a program changing talent. And if he is, it’ll be one year of relevance and we’ll be back into this. I’m not cheering for us to lose, I just don’t want a prolonged period of this disaster Steve has us in.

You take Carton regardless.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If we don’t land Turner or Aiken we will be lucky to be anywhere near .500. If we had Carton it’s possible we’d convince ourselves the next year would be better, resulting in us keeping Prohm. In reality, Carton is good but he’s not a program changing talent. And if he is, it’ll be one year of relevance and we’ll be back into this. I’m not cheering for us to lose, I just don’t want a prolonged period of this disaster Steve has us in.
I get the reasoning, but that’s a bit of a false dilemma, is it not? I mean, it isn’t just a.) get Carton, we keep and continue to (mostly) lose under Prohm b.) or we don’t land Carton.

Sure, those are both plausible, and I get you’re mostly just using it to illustrate how bleak you feel things are.

But you’re forgetting one of the most likely possible outcomes! We land DJ, and we have a great year or two with him! Isn’t that what it’s all about?

Reactions: Bubba Hubba

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I get the reasoning, but that’s a bit of a false dilemma, is it not? I mean, it isn’t just a.) get Carton, we keep and continue to (mostly) lose under Prohm b.) or we don’t land Carton.

Sure, those are both plausible, and I get you’re mostly just using it to illustrate how bleak you feel things are.

But you’re forgetting one of the most likely possible outcomes! We land DJ, and we have a great year or two with him! Isn’t that what it’s all about?
That would be great. I think it would more likely buy Steve another year that we'd get out coached game in and game out and be lucky to sniff the tournament. I just need an NCAA tournament appearance in my life... We haven't won a game since 2017!

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That would be great. I think it would more likely buy Steve another year that we'd get out coached game in and game out and be lucky to sniff the tournament. I just need an NCAA tournament appearance in my life... We haven't won a game since 2017!
I think the rosters would be good enough to reach the tournament. Then it’s a crapshoot! Depends on the matchup imo.

At some point Coach Prohm may have the opportunity to change assistants;-)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Tuco has one of the more positive posts about our program in this thread. Wow. Think I'm going to go read some more Covid-19 news. It's more optimistic at this point.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
1 Top tier transfer...

If Prohm doesn’t land just 1 Top tier transfer with instant starter minutes.. in big 12 conf.. with multiple kids having gone to NBA then there are much bigger issues going on.

ive been supporting Prohm all they last year and have wanted him to succeed but next years team cannot win with Beverly or Holden type transfers.. heck Nixon type transfers..
This is the sucks but you need to get over yourself. Every post is more and more about you. Stop being such a ****.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
After tomorrow we won't care about Aiken. Once a recruit goes elsewhere ISU fans don't pay attention to them at all. Name a transfer we really wanted last year and without looking tell me if they did well or not.
Matt Mooney

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I’ll be refreshing this thread all morning hoping Chris says he’s heard we now have a chance. Come on CW

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This is the sucks but you need to get over yourself. Every post is more and more about you. Stop being such a ****.

huh? Other then saying I’ve supported Prohm thru all this (unlike 90% on here) which part of my post is about me? Lmao..

I realize truth hurts sometimes but nothing I said was incorrect or radical

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
huh? Other then saying I’ve supported Prohm thru all this (unlike 90% on here) which part of my post is about me? Lmao..

I realize truth hurts sometimes but nothing I said was incorrect or radical
Ok super fan.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I never said we should be happy about a 20 loss season. Last year's team was horrible and our coaching staff must get it turned around next year. But the level of whining by a vocal segment of fans serves no purpose. We aren't going to fire Coach Prohm in the next 11 months. People being a little more positive or taking a wait and see approach might even help with recruiting.

I do have issue as some of our fan base who act like the sky is falling when we don't get a recruit. A kid choosing another school is most likely not a failure of our staff, but a kid's priorities putting another school first. Why should it surprise anyone Gomez went to SDSU? I am sure his choosing SDSU was more about that school being a better personal fit than ISU. Recruiting is tough because if you're not first, it doesn't matter.

Even worse, there is a group of fans who seem to take pleasure in Prohm's misses on the recruiting trail or even in our losing games last season, because that would make them a basketball expert and visionary. We have a group of fans who are the equivalent of the kid in backyard football who threatens to take HIS ball home, if he doesn't get his way.

The problem is we needed Gomez in the 1st place. That is where the frustration stems from.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
No. In fact it’s entirely possible Steve started the corona virus.

you know he was in on 9/11

Jesus this fanbase.
No, we just blame him for important things...like gutting our basketball program. ;-)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The problem is we needed Gomez in the 1st place. That is where the frustration stems from.
We didn't need Gomez. We need someone like him. He's not the only guy in the nation who can shoot the basketball well. Next year's season isn't going to come down to whether or not we got him or not. It's disappointing that we didn't get him but we shouldn't now just completely give up on next season. Will we get a better shooter than him? Eh, probably not, but we can find someone that does other stuff better than him, like play defense, distribute, and finish at the rim.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, we just blame him for important things...like gutting our basketball program. ;-)
"These players suck! Why can't Steve get players that are good?!"

(Steve tells a few guys they're better off elsewhere)

"It's been a month! Where is our roster? Why haven't we gotten a guy yet? Next year is over!"

Reactions: DurangoCy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ll be refreshing this thread all morning hoping Chris says he’s heard we now have a chance. Come on CW
tenor.gif