Mike Gundy COVID Thoughts

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Honestly I think the deaths are important to talk about. Too often we ignore things like that. Thousands of people are dying in large part to incompetent government. That shouldn’t be ignored. A coworker with family in NY said they are as scared as they were after 9/11.

Don't forget when you see the death numbers, the vast majority of people who have, or have had the virus haven't even been tested and aren't being counted in the case number, and over 99% of them survive. I know there is no vaccine in it's very contagious. I get that, but, I'm starting to wonder what would happen if the media did the same type of coverage with influenza.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
Mike Gundy - Head Coach of the "Pandumbic". Do you want your kid to go to OSU to play for him? I seriously wonder how this will affect their recruiting (?).

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Do you think Gundy was accurate in saying that 18-22 year olds have the ability to fight off the virus?

Do you think it's ok to put money in front of peoples' lives for entertainment purposes, which is the only thing football is to people that watch it?
What he said was dumb but 18-22 years do have the ability to fight off the virus.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Not following the logic. Do not see what this thought process has to do with stopping the big time difference play makers Okie State puts on the field every year.
My thoughts are that good leaders will push through this and becoming stronger from it. When you have adversity, good leadership allows you to thrive and not just survive. Teams that don't have strong leadership will use this as an excuse not to get better and improve everyday, I don't see that as something that will happen with our players. I do, however, see it happening with other programs. Okie State will likely be one of those programs, imo. Adversity is hitting and their leader is making complaining, not leading.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Don't forget when you see the death numbers, the vast majority of people who have, or have had the virus haven't even been tested and aren't being counted in the case number, and over 99% of them survive. I know there is no vaccine in it's very contagious. I get that, but, I'm starting to wonder what would happen if the media did the same type of coverage with influenza.

JFC the flu isn't as contagious. Why don't people get that? If anything had the impact on the medical system like this, we'd hear about it.

Go to NY and ask someone if it's like the flu.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
giphy.gif
d1f93926-5cf6-43a2-a85f-3c211ffaacc3.png

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Looks like we still have the usual ratio about a 10 lefty gang arguing with 1 maybe 2 conservatives. The norm for this site. I guess it needs to be that way to make it fare.
Has to be that way to make it fair? Anybody with a ridiculous rwnj pov is free to spew whatever crap they want. Quit pissing and moaning about the board being liberal. Either make a legit case for your opinions or stfu.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
After Tiger King, I will never be able to see the word 'exotic' the same way again.
I had zero expectations going into watching that... only to discover it was a truly life-changing experience that I never want to relive ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.