***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I’d like to see a style like Loyola Marymount of the early 90’s—-score 120 puts a game and play fast. I’m only kidding unless it would work.

Reactions: Doc

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So you don’t want Gomez (an established mid-major star) starting for us but you are prepared to give Johnson a starting role as a point forward we he hasn’t shown any ability to do that at the Sun Belt level.

Johnson Freshmen year 19:39 Asst/To
Johnson Sophomore year 48:50 Asst/TO

He averaged 5.1 pts as a freshmen, 10.3 pts as a sophomore.

Please stop with the point forward conversation. Johnson has not shown any ability to play this role outside of a sound bite from a mid-week presser. Let’s see it live action first. He is a starter out of necessity as this point because he is the only person that can play the 4 and guard pick n roll effectively.

Is this the second time you failed to read when the starting PG goes to the bench Johnson plays Point Forward?

But let’s say I said what you claim, does that mean you hated Georges bringing the ball up when Morris was playing?

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
You're 100% right. If you suck at defense make sure you have enough guys who can shoot you out of a dog fight.

In addition bricked 3’s lead to run outs for the opposition. It is much easier to defend when they have to inbound after a made shot.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Is this the second time you failed to read when the starting PG goes to the bench Johnson plays Point Forward?

But let’s say I said what you claim, does that mean you hated Georges bringing the ball up when Morris was playing?
No, it’s the second time he’s aptly pointed out you have little to support your notion that Johnson is a Point Forward.

But I do share your optimism! I think he can be one, although I also thought that of Talley, and Prohm didn’t make that happen.

Last edited:

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Based on who we’re going after Prohm’s either planning on starting Johnson at the 4, Solo with Conditt the 5, or thinking Foster can start day 1. Shayok did play the 4 a lot last year, when Wigs came in for THT. Of course you had 6-5 NWB and Hali on the floor with him. Just land Buggs and Turner:
Buggs
Bolton
Turner
Johnson
Solo or Conditt
I like that lineup. I think people are sleeping on Buggs. He has about the most of what we need. Toughness, facilitator, called a “Floor general”. Think we could even make it work with Buggs and Gomez, but would be tougher defensively.

Reactions: WhoISthis

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Imo Bolton, as Gomez is the shooter and Bolton can finish

Bolton would have to become a much better decision-maker & assist guy during the off-season to be our PG next year. Prohm places a huge premium on less than 10 turnovers per game. The way Bolton played last season, he'd avg. 5 TO's a game by himself!

Bolton is a solid off guard an IMO will be much more effective getting to the rim from the wing vs. top of key.

I am 100% confident Prohm will land a strong PG. He can promise 30+ mpg and track record developing PG's.

IMO a big disadvantage with players not being on campus is the staff's ability to track off-season development. As a fan base we are focussed on the transfer market to get ISU back to the NCAA Tournament. While that is in part true, IMO the off-season development/maturity of guys like Bolton, Jackson and Conditt is equally as important.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Bolton would have to become a much better decision-maker & assist guy during the off-season to be our PG next year. Prohm places a huge premium on less than 10 turnovers per game. The way Bolton played last season, he'd avg. 5 TO's a game by himself!

Bolton is a solid off guard an IMO will be much more effective getting to the rim from the wing vs. top of key.

I am 100% confident Prohm will land a strong PG. He can promise 30+ mpg and track record developing PG's.

IMO a big disadvantage with players not being on campus is the staff's ability to track off-season development. As a fan base we are focussed on the transfer market to get ISU back to the NCAA Tournament. While that is in part true, IMO the off-season development/maturity of guys like Bolton, Jackson and Conditt is equally as important.
That’s great! I agree, Bolton isn’t a pg and we need to sign one.

But the question was who plays pg between Gomez and Bolton? I’ll go with the guy that can finish and keep the shooter off ball. As unimpressive as Bolton was at pg in the Big 12, we don’t know if Gomez would do better.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wouldn’t complain about Carton or Turner.

I guess I have zero expectations on Carton and he’d need a waiver. Didn’t others say Turner is a lock to mizzou earlier?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Based on who we’re going after Prohm’s either planning on starting Johnson at the 4, Solo with Conditt the 5, or thinking Foster can start day 1. Shayok did play the 4 a lot last year, when Wigs came in for THT. Of course you had 6-5 NWB and Hali on the floor with him. Just land Buggs and Turner:
Buggs
Bolton
Turner
Johnson
Solo or Conditt
I like that lineup. I think people are sleeping on Buggs. He has about the most of what we need. Toughness, facilitator, called a “Floor general”. Think we could even make it work with Buggs and Gomez, but would be tougher defensively.
I’d love to add all three! Then DJ as the redshirt.

Anyone find full games on Buggs?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That’s great! I agree, Bolton isn’t a pg and we need to sign one.

But the question was who plays pg between Gomez and Bolton? I’ll go with the guy that can finish and keep the shooter off ball. As unimpressive as Bolton was at pg in the Big 12, we don’t know if Gomez would do better.

If Gomez isn't the type of PG I described, then IMO Prohm has another PG he is recruiting that fits the mold.

I think a lot of posters on this board thought Nick would lose minutes to Wigginton in 2018/19. Never happened, Prohm will go with a guy who takes care of the ball.

IMO this is going to be a long summer, with guys entering the portal and making recruiting visits in June & July.

Reactions: WhoISthis

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Terrell Gomez is the "saving grace" for the program but I think he will get solid minutes and production offensively. He has a nice looking shot from deep.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I would actually say development of the current guys is more important than grad transfers.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
Johnson will be the 4 guy bc there is no other guy on the roster than can play that position.

I think Johnson probably has to play the 4 because we saw what happens when CSP tries to play two bigs. He would much rather play a stretch 4 who can shoot deep and can penetrate like THT. Also, like the online poster stated, we have no one currently who can play that position.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I’d like to see a style like Loyola Marymount of the early 90’s—-score 120 puts a game and play fast. I’m only kidding unless it would work.

I'd like to see a 5 guy starting line up of all 7 footers.

I'm only kidding unless it would work..!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'd like to see a 5 guy starting line up of all 7 footers.

I'm only kidding unless it would work..!
PG: Giannis
SG: Kevin Durant
SF: Anthony Davis
PF: Brooke Lopez
C: Joel Embiid

I realize the first three are only 6'11" but close enough.

Reactions: Drew0311

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron