***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We will see. There were lots of people that thought TLew was the answer because he played well down the stretch of his freshmen year. I’m not nearly as sold on Jackson as others. In 12 of his 19 Big 12 games he scored 6 or less points. In 4 of his Big 12 games he made 14 3 pointers. In the other 15 Big 12 games he made 8 total 3 pointers. Long ways to go before I call him a dependable 3 point threat.
Naz would have a couple seasons that wouldn’t pass this “breakdown”, including his breakout sophomore season!

Jackson should improve, and if he does, is a fringe starter or good bench guy for a bubble type team. Gomez could be similar, and between the two we should have a guy making shots most nights. If we land Turner or another guard, and they’re both bench guys, even better!

It would be an improvement if our weakness on defense next year is having too small of guards. Frankly, our team defense hasn’t been good enough to worry about individual defense.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Wow, who would've thought this thread would devolve into arguing semantics on leftovers? So predictable. Keep on rationalizing in favor of that bad product tho!

People are rationalizing a guy listed at 5'8 and a guy who shot 17% vs P5 opponents last year... If we don't get Aiken/Carton or some other surprise, YIKES.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We will see. There were lots of people that thought TLew was the answer because he played well down the stretch of his freshmen year. I’m not nearly as sold on Jackson as others. In 12 of his 19 Big 12 games he scored 6 or less points. In 4 of his Big 12 games he made 14 3 pointers. In the other 15 Big 12 games he made 8 total 3 pointers. Long ways to go before I call him a dependable 3 point threat.

I understand that. However, your benchmark was 38%. He shot 37.9% from 3 in Big 12 play after his role expanded due to TH's injury.

Reactions: WhoISthis

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I understand that. However, your benchmark was 38%. He shot 37.9% from 3 in Big 12 play after his role expanded due to TH's injury.
Yeah Jackson shot really well from 3 in conference especially for a Freshman that wasn’t highly touted.

Reactions: WhoISthis

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Ouch, I’m embarrassed and I’m not even a UNI fan. What a weird thing to do. And then to double down and have the championship game tonight vs MSU?
Even funnier that their season actually ended by absolutely getting smoked by Drake and they were probably an NIT team.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This may be the most UNI thing I've ever seen.
Actually, the only thing that might have topped this is if the creator of this mythical championship had constructed a Panther-Hawk matchup. Regardless of the eventual outcome - both would be perceived as "wins."

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
People are rationalizing a guy listed at 5'8 and a guy who shot 17% vs P5 opponents last year... If we don't get Aiken/Carton or some other surprise, YIKES.
Is the rationalization any more logically flawed than basing his impact off his shooting in three games? That’s assuming you even have your numbers correct for that small sample.

Gomez had some rough shooting nights against mid and low major teams. Perhaps what they say is true about shooting having some randomness or independence of opposing defense! And I’d like to think his P5 teammates at ISU will help him play better against P5 teams than his UCSN teammates. If not, THAT’S the real issue.

Carton is likely to sitout, so he doesn’t change the YIKES risk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron