***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
There were rumors. No idea as to the whether they were valid. Another one that was rumored was Kevin Stallings.
The Mack rumors were shot down very quickly for two reasons. One, June was too late for him to make a move (he wasn't only one) and two, he preferred to stay in the KY/OH region for family reasons and jumped to nearby Louisville from Xavier.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
So if Carton is not on the Big Board from the article that CW posted, is that game over?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't think he ever said he wanted to be closer to home

Didnt say ‘he’ did. It was commented on by some on this board. One of them I specifically remember was someone discussing Creighton was further than Ames which would be helpful. Not that it matters anyway. Hope he is well and finds a good fit.

isu83

May 5, 2010
With carton’s recruiting silence maybe we have a better chance than we realize.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Carton is nothing more than a pipe dream at the current time. Is it irritating to anyone else that we seem to just be waiting for other schools to fill up at this point and then see if they left any meat on the bones for us once the dust settles? A lot of posts about Alabama, Arkansas etc signing exactly whom they want and that will decide who Iowa State gets. Prohm having issues as a deal maker or what? Only reason I ask is this is becoming the trend each spring he's been here for the most part.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Carton is nothing more than a pipe dream at the current time. Is it irritating to anyone else that we seem to just be waiting for other schools to fill up at this point and then see if they left any meat on the bones for us once the dust settles? A lot of posts about Alabama, Arkansas etc signing exactly whom they want and that will decide who Iowa State gets. Prohm having issues as a deal maker or what? Only reason I ask is this is becoming the trend each spring he's been here for the most part.

If we are waiting for the leftovers, than we have no chance next year, but Foster, Shayok, and others says he can get good players here.

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale

I think this is far from the case. The final four would be happening now and kids wouldn't even normally be committing until May. Patience....

Reactions: Doc

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

or it is possible in the case of Ellis Bama feels they are behind ISU to get a commitment and takes their secondary JuCo target Monday. Recruiting is fluid, there is a lot that goes into a player announcing and they need to be sure before they commit.
It is April 4th, I'd like to give the staff latitude to see what they end up with in May before I call it a lost transfer season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
or it is possible in the case of Ellis Bama feels they are behind ISU to get a commitment and takes their secondary JuCo target Monday.
It is April 4th, I'd like to give the staff latitude to see what they end up with in May before I call it a lost transfer season.
Me too. The lack of newsworthy news is adding to my anxiety.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
or it is possible in the case of Ellis Bama feels they are behind ISU to get a commitment and takes their secondary JuCo target Monday.

Don't disagree, but am very curious if the transfer season is elongated or expedited. The season may be over sooner than normal. May could just have trailing transfer opportunities.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Why might the effect of a potential lost season been playing on decisions?

It's got to come into play you'd think.

Last edited:

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
what planet is everyone living on?

basketball season might not even start until Jan 2021 - and even that might be optimistic.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
what planet is everyone living on?

basketball season might not even start until Jan 2021 - and even that might be optimistic.

The opinion of a bounce back in the "curve" in the fall months doesn't bode well for indoor sports.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
The opinion of a bounce back in the "curve" in the fall months doesn't bode well for indoor sports.

The long term viability of shelter at home is not likely. The current reason is to slow down the spread while vaccines, and medications can be found and produced. There is a point where we must get back to work or risk severe economic impact. I apologize if this is political, that is not my intent. I myself am an at risk individual and am very much participating in the shelter at home. I'd be surprised if we are still in lockdown in the fall.

Reactions: isu83

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron