Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
It would have been fun to be able to sit in on those brainstorming sessions.

I would just love to sit in a meeting with Lucas, Filoni and Hidalgo.

I am hoping there will be some connections or easter eggs, and technically Yoda is barely 700 years old during this time period.

edit:
Also Chewbacca would be a teenager.

Last edited:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This will be good. They can come out with a cohesive storyline that feels like Star Wars and can even have Yoda participate.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And now its announced Bob Iger steps down as CEO of Disney. Although a broader news story than just Star Wars, it will still be interesting to see what new leadership will mean for the franchise. Is KK going to be following?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm currently rewatching all of Clone Wars. The first episode of season 7 dropped, but I might just wait. Sounds like it will be heavy on Ashoka, one of my favorite characters in the whole universe, so I am pretty pumped.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I'm currently rewatching all of Clone Wars. The first episode of season 7 dropped, but I might just wait. Sounds like it will be heavy on Ashoka, one of my favorite characters in the whole universe, so I am pretty pumped.

Im doing the same but watching from the beginning just finished season 1. Hopefully the season is completely out by the time i get there.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
And now its announced Bob Iger steps down as CEO of Disney. Although a broader news story than just Star Wars, it will still be interesting to see what new leadership will mean for the franchise. Is KK going to be following?

Beings how Iger is still staying on as Executive Chairman with a focus on still overseeing creative until the end of his contract later next year, I doubt it will upset the normal too much. In fact, the new CEO Chapek will still report to Iger until he is gone. I guess the real question is whether this sudden news is a precursor to Iger jumping into the race for President. I'm not exactly fluent on the process as to whether this is even possible this late in the game, but I know some people are asking the question.

While there is much to nitpick with Iger's stint at Disney, particularly on the Lucasfilm front, its pretty undeniable how successful of a CEO the dude was during his long stint there. He came into the company during a really rough stint in its history and not only successfully accomplished some of the biggest purchase deals in history (Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox), but also greatly revitalized every already existing aspect of their business. That isn't even mentioning how much the dude has already pioneered the company to be cutting edge for the future with their already successful Disney+ platform. I've read his book, which honestly is a very good read. How the man goes about his business is quite impressive and it will be interesting how well Disney rebounds after he is fully gone. Even with my Lucasfilm nitpicks, its me questioning more of the company's creative success with that property much less so than its financial success. To say Iger hasn't been financially successful with Lucasfilm would just be ignorant.

Last edited:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I actually just started watching Clone Wars for the first time, gotta love Disney+. It'll take me a while to get through as I'm the only one in my family who has much interest in watching it. My kids would rather watch Rebels and my wife always wants to watch something else.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
When I first watched the High Republic announcement I thought it would explore pre-Old Republic periods and was imagining the formation of the first Jedi Order out of disparate Force ideologies (Sith too!). But being only 200 years before Yaven, I'm curious how they will differentiate the Jedi of the High Republic and the Jedi we know consider Yoda would be a Jedi ?Knight? at the time.

During the video there is a shot of a white board with Star Wars Likes and Star Wars Wants. What do yall think of the wants? I really don't want a Jedi University in the style of Hogwarts. Dinosaurs could work if they were suitably alien.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.59.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.59.45 AM.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 11

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I would love stories from the old EU comics, like Crimson Empire, Legacy and Invasion. Stories of taking on a new enemy like the Yuuzhan Vong, there are more bad groups in the universe than just the Emprire.

A jedi academy cartoon/anime like My Hero Academia/X-Men would be cool. All these young padawans that dont know how to control their powers learning from Knights/Masters.

And finally I want to know where Ezra and Thrawn went (hopefully Filoni get to make that show soon).

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-mandalorian-season-2-rosario-dawson-ahsoka-tano

Well, a long-time popular fan-casting just came true today as Rosario Dawson has officially been cast as Ahsoka Tano for S2 of The Mandalorian. For years now, fans have been talking about Rosario Dawson being the perfect older version of Ahsoka, including myself, so this is way cool to see. Just the fact that Ashoka will be seen in live-action is cooler enough on its own. This only makes me more excited to see The Mandalorian back in action.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Could mean a lot of cool things - I think we'll see Sabine back with Ahsoka, and they'll be searching for the dark saber which we now know Gideon has. I think Dawson has a great look for Ahsoka, and she'll be great. Makes me very excited for Mando season 2.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don’t really know anything about Rosario Dawson. There is good resemblance to the character, but her natural voice doesn’t seem anywhere close.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Just watched ROS. We didn't go in to it in the theaters because TLJ was so bad. I actually thought ROS was very good given the horrible shape Rian Johnson left the trilogy after TLJ. Yes there were holes but Abrams did the best he could to salvage the cool stuff he set up in TFA (Knights of Ren).

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
As far as the new Clone Wars episodes, I loved the first few with the "Bad Batch". Have not cared for the next few with Asohka. Those two sisters she is hanging out with are flat out annoying. I'm almost watching the clock to see when the episode is ending.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
This could be interesting. The picture is the banner for Dave Filoni's twitter page.

1500x500

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
As far as the new Clone Wars episodes, I loved the first few with the "Bad Batch". Have not cared for the next few with Asohka. Those two sisters she is hanging out with are flat out annoying. I'm almost watching the clock to see when the episode is ending.

I love Ahsoka. Funny thing is I'm actually the opposite. Basically all I really cared about seeing in S7 was her so I'm loving the last few.The Bad Batch ones I just didn't care about at all.