*** Coronavirus Mafia ***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don't think this is right. I believe anyone who votes for AC or is voted on by AC has a 25% chance of being infected whether or not the overnight infection is successful or not. We could be dealing with 3 infected today, or even more if AC was one of the people who had a number of votes last night.
"Asymptomatic Carrier: This player will be told they are a regular innocent and not know they are part of the mafia. The rest of the mafia will know this player is mafia. On the days after(2) a successful infection(1), anyone that votes for this player or receives a vote from(3) this player will have a 1 in 4 chance at becoming infected and joining the mafia. Any player that becomes infected through the asymptomatic carrier will NOT know they are mafia, but the mafia will be informed. If this person is killed(4), everyone they infected will become regular members of the mafia and be able to PM. If this person is investigated by either of the scientists, the spread will stop and they will become regular mafia members and be able to PM."
Now I'm even MORE confused...
1) After a successful infection by the main mafia?
2) "days after"... how many days? For the rest of the game?
3) votes for or receives a vote from - do rescinded votes count? If so, farnsy is sure attempting to "spread the love" to other players. :D
4) "If this person is killed" I assume refers to the AC

All in all, seems like the AC has the potential to do more damage in the long run that

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
"Asymptomatic Carrier: This player will be told they are a regular innocent and not know they are part of the mafia. The rest of the mafia will know this player is mafia. On the days after(2) a successful infection(1), anyone that votes for this player or receives a vote from(3) this player will have a 1 in 4 chance at becoming infected and joining the mafia. Any player that becomes infected through the asymptomatic carrier will NOT know they are mafia, but the mafia will be informed. If this person is killed(4), everyone they infected will become regular members of the mafia and be able to PM. If this person is investigated by either of the scientists, the spread will stop and they will become regular mafia members and be able to PM."
3) votes for or receives a vote from - do rescinded votes count? If so, farnsy is sure attempting to "spread the love" to other players. :D

All in all, seems like the AC has the potential to do more damage in the long run that
I stand corrected, sorry KC. You were right, I was wrong yada yada yada. With both doctors gone, we have to hit this guy as early as possible, but even they won't know that they are this person which makes narrowing this down next to impossible. Best chance is to hit the last known member of mafia today, so they can't infect. Otherwise every night after tonight mafia will just continue to grow.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Man, the plot thickens even more. I skipped over the part about infecting people that voted for the AC, as well as there needing to be a successful infection the prior evening.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Man, the plot thickens even more. I skipped over the part about infecting people that voted for the AC, as well as there needing to be a successful infection the prior evening.
I guess even more, if the AC is killed by daily lynching does everyone who voted for him still have a chance to become mafia? If so, this all vote for 1 person theory would really suck. 25% of the entire population that day would become mafia.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Man no kidding. This coronavirus is a real b*tch.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So this post also gives me pause. He uses the phrase "if the innocents". Makes it seem like he isn't so innocent. Also, his post to vote for someone was strictly "vote cyme" with no banter of any kind. Makes it feel like he is trying to lay low.

Getting some clarifying rules on a weird type of game = mafia? Give me a break you're literally asking clarifying questions right now! You're pulling something out of your ass off of nothing. I don't think you're mafia but you're being a dumb innocent.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Bout as solid as your bowel movements when you're infected with this crap
So now either 2015 is actually infected IRL (sorry to hear if that is true, hope you are feeling better soon), or proving that he knows he is infected in this mafia game.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Quick rules summary:

The asymptomatic carrier will only infect someone the day after a successful night infection by the mafia. I am ruling last night's infection unsuccessful so they asymptomatic carrier is not in play yet. If the mafia successfully infects someone tonight, then tomorrow, whoever votes for asymptomatic or is voted by asymptomatic. If the mafia has a successful infection tonight they will NOT be able to infect tomorrow night.

Reactions: moores2

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So now either 2015 is actually infected IRL (sorry to hear if that is true, hope you are feeling better soon), or proving that he knows he is infected in this mafia game.
It is happens in about 50% of cases - https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/can-the-coronavirus-cause-diarrhea/ar-BB11tByJ

Also I am 70% sure I have it IRL but can't get tested because I don't have a car to do the drive thru testing and they said I'm not sick enough for them to send an ambulance yet. And I'm not gonna take an uber to go to the drive thru center and it's too far to walk. But been running a 102 fever 2 days, coughing for 3, and body aches for 4. No chest pain yet though.

So yea... awesome.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Quick rules summary:

The asymptomatic carrier will only infect someone the day after a successful night infection by the mafia. I am ruling last night's infection unsuccessful so they asymptomatic carrier is not in play yet. If the mafia successfully infects someone tonight, then tomorrow, whoever votes for asymptomatic or is voted by asymptomatic. If the mafia has a successful infection tonight they will NOT be able to infect tomorrow night.

Follow-up: if the mafia infects somebody, that person joins the mafia and can communicate with the mafia members, correct?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
See all these questions? Those people are MAFIA!

That's the reasoning you're voting for me because I asked clarifying questions.