Caleb Grill Transferring

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
How are you disagreeing with this @CloneFan4 ? Is it the training staffs fault both tyrese and grill fell hard on their wrists and injuring them? Is it their fault Rasir suffered a concussion? Lol

Nope. But their job is to provide sound medical diagnosis at the time of the injury. They haven’t exactly been batting 1.000 this year. Halliburton was obvious, Bolton was obvious....Grill there might be a valid excuse. I don’t think any the kids hold a grudge they want to play but that’s why we have doctors.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope. But their job is to provide sound medical diagnosis at the time of the injury. They haven’t exactly been batting 1.000 this year. Halliburton was obvious, Bolton was obvious....Grill there might be a valid excuse. I don’t think any the kids hold a grudge they want to play but that’s why we have doctors.

Vic is pretty good IMO

Reactions: CyDude16

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
With a fractured wrist, you don't think he'd be complaining of pain?
My Dad slipped out of the bed of my truck opening day of duck season and fractured his ankle. He hunted and camped on it for 3 more days before going to the Dr. So it's not really out of the realm of possibility he didn't complain.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
My Dad slipped out of the bed of my truck opening day of duck season and fractured his ankle. He hunted and camped on it for 3 more days before going to the Dr. So it's not really out of the realm of possibility he didn't complain.

You’re not helping their narrative about the training staff!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I just don't like caleb's mom. I have no reason to other than what little I know of her Twitter personality. But that's enough for me to base my opinion on. Huge helicopter mom

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
The wrists can be iffy but Bolton’s concussion seemed obvious to me from the 2nd level. No one examined him or really talked to him. The trainer was on the court to talk to him right away but it was a short convo and most athletes lie about symptoms. That’s why they’ve developed objective measures to test them. None of that was done and should have been. I’ve done sports medicine for a number of years and it wasn’t handled correctly that night.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I mean look at the tape job on his shooting wrist, it's not like they didn't know there was an issue and he was just quiet. Clearly he communicated to them about his wrist given the tape job. That's not to point blame at anybody, but it's really stupid to try to say he just kept quiet.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This strikes me as odd. Why would he not have been x rayed for this? My guess is he didn't want to be, told medical staff he was fine, went home and became mommas boy again and she made him go in. Iowa State wouldn't be that irresponsible.

Between tweets like this, caleb transferring and her reaction to CW's grill puns, Lena Grill doesn't seem like she approved of Iowa State much for her boy. Wonder how much of an impact she had on his decision.

What was her reaction to the tweets?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
The wrists can be iffy but Bolton’s concussion seemed obvious to me from the 2nd level. No one examined him or really talked to him. The trainer was on the court to talk to him right away but it was a short convo and most athletes lie about symptoms. That’s why they’ve developed objective measures to test them. None of that was done and should have been. I’ve done sports medicine for a number of years and it wasn’t handled correctly that night.
Hmmm. I'm pretty darned sure I heard and/or read he was under concussion protocol. But you're saying they hadn't done any of that. May I ask how you know that?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
How are you disagreeing with this @CloneFan4 ? Is it the training staffs fault both tyrese and grill fell hard on their wrists and injuring them? Is it their fault Rasir suffered a concussion? Lol

It's CSP's fault for not teaching them not to fall on their heads and/or wrists. Sign of an incompetent coach according to some.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I remember one game that Chris made a joke she responded with the eyeroll emoji

But I don't read too much into that, and I'm sure she knew it was all in fun.

I took that to mean she had a lazy eye. Because it's easy to know exactly what someone means based on 3-4 word tweets. :)

And no offense to those with lazy eyes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I remember one game that Chris made a joke she responded with the eyeroll emoji

But I don't read too much into that, and I'm sure she knew it was all in fun.

I'm sure it was the first time CG had done well in a sport and someone had made a grill reference to celebrate his performance.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Bolton's concussion was obvious? Curious where you received your medical training? Is it a concussion every time someone hits their head? Nobody doubts he had his bell rung but in your medical opinion it was a concussion from the start? I think you should contact the training staff to offer your independent diagnosis for all games.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Bolton's concussion was obvious? Curious where you received your medical training? Is it a concussion every time someone hits their head? Nobody doubts he had his bell rung but in your medical opinion it was a concussion from the start? I think you should contact the training staff to offer your independent diagnosis for all games.
I mean you could hear his head bounce off the floor on t.v.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron