ISU NCAA Tournament Replays

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
If you can handle the video quality, you may find this entertaining. Hopefully there are some more complete games out there.

03/20/1992 NCAA East Regional 1st Round: #10 Iowa State Cyclones vs. #7 UNC-Charlotte 49ers

Glad we had enough "distance" in our lead at the end. At one point, UNCC was 1-13 from three but, wouldn't you know, hit two/three really tough ones at the end which caused all CyFans to collectively reach for our nut cups. Loved the "home run" pass to Hoiberg to secure the win!

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
If anyone has Auburn from 2000 and UNC from 2014, that would be great. Those are games I did not get recorded and would love to watch again

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If you can handle the video quality, you may find this entertaining. Hopefully there are some more complete games out there.

03/20/1992 NCAA East Regional 1st Round: #10 Iowa State Cyclones vs. #7 UNC-Charlotte 49ers

Ah, the memories...

Justus Thigpen and Ron Bayless just might be two of the most underrated players in ISU basketball history. They combined for one hell of a good backcourt.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Glad we had enough "distance" in our lead at the end. At one point, UNCC was 1-13 from three but, wouldn't you know, hit two/three really tough ones at the end which caused all CyFans to collectively reach for our nut cups. Loved the "home run" pass to Hoiberg to secure the win!

That home-run pass was signature Orr play (I remember Hornaceck QB'ing a few of those during his day).

Reactions: kentkel

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Glad we had enough "distance" in our lead at the end. At one point, UNCC was 1-13 from three but, wouldn't you know, hit two/three really tough ones at the end which caused all CyFans to collectively reach for our nut cups.

First time I had watched that game since seeing it in real time. I recalled how it was fairly close game, but no specifics came to mind. Watching the final minutes again, it definitely had the nut-cup feel -- "we have this game under control -- oh wait, not yet -- NOW we're on top of it -- -no wait, not yet ..." Etc.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
First time I had watched that game since seeing it in real time. I recalled how it was fairly close game, but no specifics came to mind. Watching the final minutes again, it definitely had the nut-cup feel -- "we have this game under control -- oh wait, not yet -- NOW we're on top of it -- -no wait, not yet ..." Etc.
The first job I had out of college required extensive travel. I was driving back to Central Iowa (eastbound on Highway 30) and was listening to the game on the radio. Was definitely a tense, exhausting drive, but I remember screaming at the top of my lungs on that Hoiberg dunk! Too bad we couldn't pull off the next-round upset. That was an extremely entertaining game as well.

Reactions: cyclones500