Terrence Lewis transferring

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is sad, but not unfortunate. Lewis was the founding member of the Doesn't Buy In team. Fun to watch when he was in, but even more prone to giving up a big play as he was to make one himself. I wonder if he can grad and transfer, or maybe he gets a waiver to play immediately closer to home. Somewhere like UW Milwaukee or Green Bay

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But if this is what he's doing we are looking realistically at, what, a 3 year rebuild? No chance he deserves that much time.
No I don't think so either. I think Prohm's going to go all in, because maybe he doesn't have a choice.. Maybe Jamie gave him an ultimatum? No clue, but I think Prohm is reloading this reload this roster with JUCO / transfers, and then is going to plug in the freshman to contribute some as well. That freshman class right now looks to be something to build off of and if he can have a good year next year by bringing in talented guys in the portal / JUCO, then this might work out. It will only work out if next year goes well and then this freshman class stays together more than 1 or 2 years.

• Optimistic
Reactions: aobie and Scott34

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Lewis’ career was pretty much summed up in the last 10 seconds of this year’s Big 12 tourney game against OK State. Go back and re-watch it—he gets a dunk and showboats for the crowd while OK State takes it the length of the court for the game winning layup with Lewis 2 steps behind the play.

A grad transfer PG and two freshman stepping up and I don’t think we are in that bad of shape. Jackson and Young showed some promise down the stretch.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lol after Lewis transferred? You serious? Everyone knew he was leaving. Hell most thought it should have been last spring.
Checking to see when it will be ok for people to get concerned. Don't want others to get scolded because they have something that is the proverbial "last straw" for them.

Reactions: JBone84

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Didn't even exclude walkons in my math. For scholarship players we have lost 8 of 13. In on year assuming Tyrese goes. Terrible. What is even worse is there are arguments to be made that 5 weren't good enough to play big 12 ball.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
This is sad, but not unfortunate. Lewis was the founding member of the Doesn't Buy In team. Fun to watch when he was in, but even more prone to giving up a big play as he was to make one himself. I wonder if he can grad and transfer, or maybe he gets a waiver to play immediately closer to home. Somewhere like UW Milwaukee or Green Bay

Did one single player on the team "buy in" with Prohm when ISU is 147th in defensive efficiency and 308th in defensive rebounding percentage nationwide?

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
ISU basketball players right now...
giphy.gif

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Didn't even exclude walkons in my math. For scholarship players we have lost 8 of 13. In on year assuming Tyrese goes. Terrible. What is even worse is there are arguments to be made that 5 weren't good enough to play big 12 ball.
Ya I'm nervous when people go look to see how Juco players even in the top 10 perform typically. Then to think we are going to magically find a handful of contributors in ones outside the top 10.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Plenty of us had already done the math that Tyrese was gone, and we were likely to lose one or two more to transfer. You're looking at these numbers and freaking out but Grill is the only one that people were surprised about. So, were you expecting Grill to then be the savior for next year's team?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
On a team that went 12-20. Yikes.
You would rather have the whole roster of 20 loss team returning? It's kind of like Iowa St's previous offensive lines. Yes, there is returning starters, but they aren't very good, so more of the same.

The only loss that hurts is Halliburton, and there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ya I'm nervous when people go look to see how Juco players even in the top 10 perform typically. Then to think we are going to magically find a handful of contributors in ones outside the top 10.
Keon Ellis is rated #9.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
We're gonna have to hear the same story about him losing so much from last year again aren't we?

I can just hear the "only returned 4 players who played in 2019-2020" stat from the commentators of our games.
Not exactly, they'll just talk about Tyrese and how much he did.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'll take those guys as that's a solid group. The problem is going to be no true PG and no depth. Also, you can't play Young and Conditt at the same time :)

You are right that it is not a terrible core. It just has the problems you point out.

We are going to need to hope Johnson is the "real deal" (at least a quality Big 12 starter). Prohm needs to find at least two more "ready" guys after that.

Bolton, Conditt, and Young need to be stars. All-Big 12 kinds of players.

That is a lot to anticipate, but maybe we are due for a year where we over-perform expectations rather than under-perform them so badly again.

I can already see him flexing at the bench after a dunk with 8 seconds to play and losing to a layup at the other end of the floor.

That pretty much encapsulates his tenure in Ames perfectly.

Good luck, T-Lew. Thanks for being a Cyclone while you were.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Checking to see when it will be ok for people to get concerned. Don't want others to get scolded because they have something that is the proverbial "last straw" for them.
What's concerning is that these players were either not good coming out of high school, or that the coaches couldn't develop them.

You can't claim "last straw" after Terrance Lewis transfers. Anybody that does is just doing it for shock value.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Why is everyone freaking out? The players that left are marginal B12 players. This is a good thing.
It’s a good thing if you fill the roster with 3 good transfers or juco guys this spring. Given Prohm track record, not a lot of confidence that will happen.

Reactions: Scott34