NCAA 2020 March Madness Cancelled

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This is tragic. The Hawkeyes are definitely getting robbed of a championship
tenor.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
If anything, Prohm needs to find transfers for next year right NOW.

I saw this in the article about spring football being postponed, but I assume it applies to basketball given the context:

"Following the cancellation of the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments, the conference on Thursday took additional steps, suspending all regular-season competitions, on- and off-campus recruiting, and out-of-season practices until March 29. "

• Informative
Reactions: Halincandenza

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
With College baseball, softball, and the other spring sports, I wonder if the NCAA will grant those student athletes another year of eligibility. Definitely not a possibility for basketball, but some of those other sports' seasons are just getting underway..

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
With College baseball, softball, and the other spring sports, I wonder if the NCAA will grant those student athletes another year of eligibility. Definitely not a possibility for basketball, but some of those other sports' seasons are just getting underway..

I would wager that all spring sports would be granted another year.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I saw this in the article about spring football being postponed, but I assume it applies to basketball given the context:

"Following the cancellation of the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments, the conference on Thursday took additional steps, suspending all regular-season competitions, on- and off-campus recruiting, and out-of-season practices until March 29. "
Wow that’s huge.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How unlucky for us, we were definitely getting an at-large bid and nobody can prove otherwise.

I would be curious just to see them seed the bracket nonetheless.

Making it/not making it or earning a certain seed is an accomplishment in itself.

We have enough data to do that now. Having the committee meet and do its work and allowing teams that worked hard over 30+ games to earn what would have been a tournament bid, even if never played, is worth something.

If anything, Prohm needs to find transfers for next year right NOW.

I saw this in the article about spring football being postponed, but I assume it applies to basketball:

I understand them wanting to reduce the travel, but --

Even for like phone calls, text messages, and web meetings?

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I would be curious just to see them seed the bracket nonetheless.

Making it/not making it or earning a certain seed is an accomplishment in itself.

We have enough data to do that now. Having the committee meet and do its work and allowing teams that worked hard over 30+ games to earn what would have been a tournament bid, even if never played, is worth something.
I bet there is a chance they will still release the final committee ranking, but I doubt we see it in bracket form.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
No sports on TV!! I'll have to spend more time with the wife. :(

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If you guys need something to do since there is no basketball I have 2 racecars that I need help getting put together asap lol.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
This seemed inevitable, and yet I don't get what harm there is in simply announcing it won't be played in March, and we'll see about April. Cancellation would always remain an option, but once you cancel you can't unring the bell.

Oh well. We can quibble about whether it was the right long-term call but zero doubt it was the right call for the next few weeks.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
To all hock fans that wanted the Big 12 to implode sending ISU to the MAC ––– HA HA HA HA HA lol and HA

To all Hawkeye fans that didn't want that ––– you guys got robbed of a good season, sorry to hear it.

I also feel for everyone else (except Kansas and Baylor).

Reactions: GT25Ump