Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If you think Foster is going to be playing the 5 and banging on the inside you are in for a rude awakening.
If you think Foster is going to defend anything outside of the paint, you may be in for a rude awakening too!

Foster, like Conditt as a freshman, is better suited to bang on the inside whilst defending 5’s than defend many 4s. On offense he’ll do whatever he’ll do, regardless of where he defends.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
By far the biggest flaw in Solo’s game is defensive rebounding(not blocking out but actually tracking down the ball). The Clones are very close to the bottom nationally in defensive rebounding(327 out of 353 per KP) If Foster can clean the defensive glass we will be better defensively with him in the lineup.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I always try to look at what needs to happen for us to be successful next year. This is how I see it.

Basically a platoon at the bigs.
Foster paired with Young and
Conditt with the small ball 4s.

A huge chunk of the roster fighting for time at the 3. ( Some are also in the SB4 conversation but this could be Johnson or Blackwell then Dubar, Lewis and Grill.

Then Bolton, Jackson and a GT PG filling the 1 & 2. (Unless Walker shows up like Haliburton 2.0 then we're good w/o the GT) While neither Rasir or Tre are true PGs I think we're better with those two playing limited time together at the guard spots rather than the wings. We got beat up too much this year not having enough length on the perimeter.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If you think Foster is going to defend anything outside of the paint, you may be in for a rude awakening too!

Foster, like Conditt as a freshman, is better suited to bang on the inside whilst defending 5’s than defend many 4s. On offense he’ll do whatever he’ll do, regardless of where he defends.

This maybe true but with Young and Conditt strictly limited to playing Center Foster will likely be asked to play the PF next year. There will be some struggles but it is likely Prohms best option with the projected roster as of today.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Remember Xavier missed significant time due to recent injury. The kid is 7'0" and 17-18 years old. My expectations for him are pretty low for next year (5ppg). How many 7' Forwards in college basketball contribute in year 1 who aren't top 10 recruits?
He also missed time for getting caught vaping in the bathroom.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He got caught doing something that's not legal and served an athletic suspension. Having mono was the cover. I have multiple sources from school officials, current players who play against him, and referees. It's not a big deal, I just don't want it to be an issue in college as we all know there are a lot more temptations on campus.

He also missed time for getting caught vaping in the bathroom.

This is funny.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
This maybe true but with Young and Conditt strictly limited to playing Center Foster will likely be asked to play the PF next year. There will be some struggles but it is likely Prohms best option with the projected roster as of today.
Prohm can ask that, but we’ll likely not get a better answer (results) than when he asked Jacobson to play the 4! At least when Foster is a freshman, I believe.

Johnson, Blackwell, and even Dubar will have a lot to say about whether that is the best option. If any of those three are competent small-ball 4s, then you’re incorrect on that. My guess is that you are.

Either way, it’s not true that Foster is a 4 because he doesn’t “bang” as previously implied. He’s only a 4 in the occurrence there are better 5s on the roster, and no other options at the 4. The former may be true, but Prohm needs the latter to be false.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It’s 1000% fact. Very well known fact. I think CSP is the perfect coach to keep him on track. But I’m disappointed he made that choice. I have kids in high school. I’m aware of the temptations these days. But man he’s got such a great future, no need to do that crap.

OMG, vaping?!?! You can ruin your future with that lol

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Foster has also be struggling with injuries and illness this season. He's going to be a great player for ISU. Sadly, that will probably only be for one season. And Born is going to be a great player for UNI. He's not on the same level as Foster though. It's just silly to say otherwise.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You are missing the point

You do understand that probably 90% of college basketball players smoke weed, right? And you're worried about vaping?

Like someone said, he probably jaywalked too... that's illegal also. He might have driven 60 mph in a 55 mph zone too. Prohm should revoke his scholarship!!

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron