This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
If everyone doubled what they paid already and we had a mini city if the Hilton parking lot this wouldn’t be happening. #rememberwhereyoucamefrom $$$

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Maybe you are watching a different team than I am but I saw a definite lack of effort both in the second half of this game and the second half of the OU game. That has to be on the players.

This isn't the NBA--college teams are a mirror reflection of their coach & his teams quit quite often. They lack toughness because he lacks toughness. They're soft and boring, just like him. It's really about that more than the results--that's why I don't get the many Prohm sycophants. I personally thought the 2nd half of the TN game 2 years ago was the low point in terms of effort but they've crossed that line many times this year.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
“It’s about mentality and getting people that want to do it,” Mike Jacobson said. “Give a consistent effort each day in practice. Physically, I think we have the guys than can do it.”

The team stands around on offense, waiting for their turn to go one-on-one.. The team stands around on defense, because good defense doesn't get you into the NBA.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

This is an overreaction but if we repeat this year next year and there is no movement on a coaching change at what point does Pollard start getting a warm seat? I’ve never been as big of a fan of Pollard as most but I think I’d be calling for his job if he wouldn’t make a move after a bad next year.

it would be my fear of Pollard coming true. At that point it would show he isn’t prepared to take Iowa State to that next step he talked about this year.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
This quote from Prohm makes my blood boil. He is blaming the players for making mistakes on defense. You are the coach! You are the reason they are making mistakes! If this doesn’t show he has no clue, I don’t know what will.

Attachments

• 9DC084C7-9E5A-4DF5-99C7-0EAA08460D14.png
    9DC084C7-9E5A-4DF5-99C7-0EAA08460D14.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 81

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This quote from Prohm makes my blood boil. He is blaming the players for making mistakes on defense. You are the coach! You are the reason they are making mistakes! If this doesn’t show he has no clue, I don’t know what will.
Prohm probably staying up late tonight liking set plays on twitter like he usually does to make himself feel like he’s a good coach.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is an overreaction but if we repeat this year next year and there is no movement on a coaching change at what point does Pollard start getting a warm seat? I’ve never been as big of a fan of Pollard as most but I think I’d be calling for his job if he wouldn’t make a move after a bad next year.

it would be my fear of Pollard coming true. At that point it would show he isn’t prepared to take Iowa State to that next step he talked about this year.
Anyone who thinks Prohm will be gone any sooner than 3 years from now is fooling themselves. Prohm is loyal to his hires even when it’s blatantly obvious they are taking the program into a nose dive. He’s also not going to be able to buy him out since so much money is going to be poured into building a multi million dollar pedestrian bridge and a poor mans power light district. We have a long road ahead of bad losses coming and Hilton turning into Gallagher Iba.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Even after he was a lottery projection after Maui?
It's so hard to guess. I don't think anybody doubted he had an NBA body, it's just so hard to guess when they draft on potential as opposed to results.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Solomon Young was having a really good game tonight and Prohm had him on the bench for a long stretch in the 2nd half when Tech started to pull away. It's not the first time he has sat a hot player for more than just a little breather. Makes no sense.
It would be really interesting to know his thought process sometimes.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa

His seat should be warm already. He made competing with the Hawkeyes in all sports his "thing", to the point that he put up taunting billboards in Iowa City. They have responded the past 2-3 years by kicking our asses in every sport imaginable. That is on him.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I have always been behind Jamie Pollard .....but even in the worst days of mbb aka the Trickey and Nance years, the Athletic Director or the administration never said one word regarding any actions of the Fanbase....I guess this is just a sign of the times, because it's not only Prohm who is feeling the heat, it is also Jamie Pollard.....The Tweet Proves it IMHO.....and remember GO Cyclones

• Winner
Reactions: cycloneML

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Jamie has shown that he lacks the ability to shut his mouth at the worst times. Remember when get hot thrown out of his son's high school basketball game? Or when we got fined for crying on live television about unfairness? Pollard is a great AD but he needs to grow up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Anyone who thinks Prohm will be gone any sooner than 3 years from now is fooling themselves. Prohm is loyal to his hires even when it’s blatantly obvious they are taking the program into a nose dive. He’s also not going to be able to buy him out since so much money is going to be poured into building a multi million dollar pedestrian bridge and a poor mans power light district. We have a long road ahead of bad losses coming and Hilton turning into Gallagher Iba.

If next year is even remotely close to this year he needs to be gone. I'm sorry. This is absolutely absurd and if he isn't gone I'm done with Pollard.