This is why Prohm must go........

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
FFS Wigginton was NEVER coming back for his junior year. The whole CSP chased him out the door argument is dumb and completely overblown.

This is true. But Steve Prohm admitted being handled Wiggington poorly last year (which he did).

For a team that had that much talent - it’s criminal to go 9-9 in conference with a first round NCAA tournament loss. For me, this plus two bottom of the league finishes is why I question if Prohm will be successful here with his own players. I hope he does but his results don’t give me confidence.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
FFS Wigginton was NEVER coming back for his junior year. The whole CSP chased him out the door argument is dumb and completely overblown.

forget it, it’s a talking point

Last year was supposed to be Lindell and maryal’s coming out parties.

THT was supposed to have his this year. With the foundation built around the 4 sophomores Jake and Solo.

Realistically, TH was supposed to be a 4 year guy. George was supposed to be the next to go.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
What perceivable thing has Prohm learned? Or, what has he done to shake up his staff to get guys in to fill in for his deficiencies? I hope to find out next year with a new-ish roster (and hopefully a new assistant that coaches defense/boxing out) but I don't see any identity or improvements he's made thus far. He's trotting out the same stuff with every team he has. He seems far more obstinate than Fred - repeatedly evidenced by apologizing in post-game interviews for things he should've done differently...and then allowing the same issues to manifest in the next game/rest of the season. Evidenced by trying to force this undertalented, poor-shooting roster to play the way teams of yore did. Evidenced by repeatedly getting whipped after halftime.

The lineup changes this year were made only after he was absolutely forced to. The transfer recruiting has mostly been miss. The high school recruiting has mostly been miss. Why pay a guy what Iowa State does with all of these deficiencies, just because he has to "learn on the fly"?

It's really not so hard as the apologists are making it. Sometimes when a thing smells and looks like a thing, it is that thing. In Prohm's case, that thing is "not a high-level D-1 coach".

Remember when you ripped on Jaden Walker for being bad?

and you are exactly what @jcisuclones says he doesn’t want to be associated with.

just so you know young man.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What perceivable thing has Prohm learned? Or, what has he done to shake up his staff to get guys in to fill in for his deficiencies? I hope to find out next year with a new-ish roster (and hopefully a new assistant that coaches defense/boxing out)

Agree. After the loss in Hilton to the JC team from Florida I found it hard to defend CSP. If Steve doesn't realize that he must change up his staff after this season, I'm not sure there is a chance of things long term in Ames.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
West Virginia sucked last year after being good the year before. (Won 15 games vs 26) That’s what sometimes happens to non-blue blood schools. Look at Kansas State this year. Win the conference and now they are worse than we are!!

I think this KSU is more closely linked to our 17-18. KSU was all in on last year and this was a rebuild after Brown, Wade, etc graduates. KSU also has 4 kids in the Top 150 in next year’s recruiting class. If Weber has a losing record in 2021-22 the fanbase will want him gone.
Regarding West Virginia they have a Hall of Fame coach and a program identity. Huggins strayed from that last year but got rid of the cancer and now they are back.
CSP needs to develop an identity with this program. Going into Year 6 next year what are we? We aren’t pace and space anymore. We aren’t a tough defensive/rebounding team. We aren’t a highly efficient half court set type of squad. Even if it fails I won’t like to have him commit to a certain identity at Iowa State.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Is Jacobson majoring in Public Relations?

"We have to get it figured out on defense".

What a pile of Des Marxist Ragister-loving cockamaimee ********.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Is Jacobson majoring in Public Relations?

"We have to get it figured out on defense".

What a pile of Des Marxist Ragister-loving cockamaimee ********.

What do you expect him to say? He’s a leader on the team and he’s trying to keep the guys engaged.

some of you won’t be happy unless the players and coaches publicly kill themselves.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This is true. But Steve Prohm admitted being handled Wiggington poorly last year (which he did).

For a team that had that much talent - it’s criminal to go 9-9 in conference with a first round NCAA tournament loss. For me, this plus two bottom of the league finishes is why I question if Prohm will be successful here with his own players. I hope he does but his results don’t give me confidence.
I'd bet a lot of money that he doesn't succeed here. I really like the guy but I'm not seeing it.