***Official Insider Information Weekly Mailbag 02-12-2020***

Thoughts on This Week's Mailbag

• Total voters

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You get it! All the others need to read up on their Kipling (LINK).
Very well stated poem about strength and tenacity of women but it has been well-established that the pain of giving birth is over-exaggerated. What with the medical staff ("What can I get for you?") and "Here's a super comfy bed for you while your male companion can try to rest in that torture chair over there."

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Very well stated poem about strength and tenacity of women but it has been well-established that the pain of giving birth is over-exaggerated. What with the medical staff ("What can I get for you?") and "Here's a super comfy bed for you while your male companion can try to rest in that torture chair over there."

Yes, why wouldn't we want to focus on the male companion? He's just had nine months of... nothing, rather than vomiting incessantly, constant back pain, heartburn, insomnia, feet changing sizes, and varicose veins. We want to make sure he's comfortable!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I heard there's going to be a special guest next week, but that they request no sexually charged questions because of concerns about getting "too horny".

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and Angie

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yoshi was the best in SSB and Melee.

I'd just keep popping people with eggs and running away from direct combat.

I'd rarely miss and I'd rarely take hits.
Nah, ledgeguarding Kirby was absolutely unstoppable. Sit on ledge, suck in anyone who comes to attack, jump off ledge (and then fly back up).

Little pink bastard was a force to be reckoned with.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
@cowgirl836 - do we take offense to this marginalization as just moms? I'm not sure.

Quality work, guys! My person from The Shining I'd replace is Shelley Duvall. I find her face oddly rat-like. Which is unkind, but it's just a nose/mouth quality. It makes her seem more shrill and less sympathetic.
I'm not a huge Shelley Duvall fan but casting her as Olive Oyl was perfection.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm not a huge Shelley Duvall fan but casting her as Olive Oyl was perfection.

Yes, that was definitely a perfect casting decision!

I sounded really terrible in my original quote. I don't know exactly what it is about her that I just don't love. I feel sort of similar about Sissy Spacek?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yes, that was definitely a perfect casting decision!

I sounded really terrible in my original quote. I don't know exactly what it is about her that I just don't love. I feel sort of similar about Sissy Spacek?
I personally have never been able to stand Renee Zellweger. I've heard she is fantastic in Judy though and I don't doubt it.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
@cowgirl836 - do we take offense to this marginalization as just moms? I'm not sure.

Quality work, guys! My person from The Shining I'd replace is Shelley Duvall. I find her face oddly rat-like. Which is unkind, but it's just a nose/mouth quality. It makes her seem more shrill and less sympathetic.

We're more than just moms and anyway, they're wrong. We'd talk about Excel lists.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We're more than just moms and anyway, they're wrong. We'd talk about Excel lists.

Right? And ridicule people who make dumb decisions, like .

I think we'd maybe be a better tag team than opponents.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yes, why wouldn't we want to focus on the male companion? He's just had nine months of... nothing, rather than vomiting incessantly, constant back pain, heartburn, insomnia, feet changing sizes, and varicose veins. We want to make sure he's comfortable!
Um... nothing? We've had to put up with 9 months of complaining about the aforementioned minor inconveniences.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie