This is why Prohm must go........

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Hoiberg's first season according to Wikipedia.

Won a game January 15th and didn't win again until Feb 26th.

There's other years that were close.

17-18 could probably count as well. Last win on Feb 10, last loss on March 7 in the big 12 tournament.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
giphy.webp
Stop hacking my google photo selfies!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Can’t I be critical of both..? I mean I’m no Bolton fan.. I pretty much called the last chance to keep us in the game was going to be killed by a Bolton drive. You could replace Bolton with anyone except Nixon and I wouldn’t cry about it.

Bolton is one of maybe 2 players on this team that is actually good. Just stop.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This team makes so many dumb mistakes at crucial moments of the game that well coached teams simply don't make. It ended up not effecting the score, but instead of holding the ball for a couple seconds to get below 30 and ensure we had final shot of the 1st half, we hurried to throw the ball in and gave Texas another possession. This has happened in multiple games so I think its safe to assume it's not being coached. Niang use to "slip" and kick the ball across the court to run the clock down for final possession.

I really like your comment about George Niang...George ranks right up there with the Greatest Cyclone Basketballers of all time....Way to go my friend

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How does this end when it does finally end? Similar to Morgan where we see half the roster go pro or transfer or quit and lose most of the incoming recruiting class? At this point, the incoming class has to be pretty high up on why you keep him. Were he bringing in another class like this year's.... we'd be saying goodbye

• Creative
Reactions: isu83

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How does this end when it does finally end? Similar to Morgan where we see half the roster go pro or transfer or quit and lose most of the incoming recruiting class? At this point, the incoming class has to be pretty high up on why you keep him. Were he bringing in another class like this year's.... we'd be saying goodbye
He's certainly doing his best to piss off all his players

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
When they do away with the sit year for transfers, like the big ten is talking, a coaching change will be a bigger disaster. All your players could transfer easily and if they are good many people will want them. You could lose your whole team and recruits. Just think if Conditt was pissed for not playing in the second half, maybe he would go play somewhere else next year. Imagine being a coach, how do you discipline? Make a kid mad and he can just leave. I think the rich will just get richer in this scenario

Better can him before that rule changes

Dingus

May 23, 2013
The inconsistency in Prohm’s recruiting is weird. IIRC he really didn’t get **** in his first two years (short cycles to be fair, but other coaches certainly do it), Got LW and Lard in there somewhere, then dynamite THT, Halliburton etc class, then then 2019 with 4 guys ranked ~180ish To 400, then 2020 looks strong again.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The inconsistency in Prohm’s recruiting is weird. IIRC he really didn’t get **** in his first two years (short cycles to be fair, but other coaches certainly do it), Got LW and Lard in there somewhere, then dynamite THT, Halliburton etc class, then then 2019 with 4 guys ranked ~180ish To 400, then 2020 looks strong again.
But even our 2020 class is like 6th in the big 12

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Also add in that it's unclear what roles in the program he's trying to fill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron