Kobe Bryant is dead

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Living out in LA, starting to get texts from various people this will hit the city hard.

People loved Kobe here, lots of kids name Kobe in LA

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Same, was never a fan but basically so I all of his career, he was a generational icon.

I was never a fan of the guy during the prime of his career (probably because of my hate for the Lakers in addition to Shaq jilting the Magic for them - or at least that was my "as a kid feels" until the story was explained better after the fact), but I really began to respect him and his accomplishments towards the end of his career and now.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This one hit me hard. He appeared to be one of the greats that was going to continue being an ambassador for the league.

I have mixed feelings on him due to the sexual assault/rape issue in Colorado years back. But it does appear that he got his life back on track and you didn't hear much more about that type of thing about him.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don’t know what the crash rate is on small helicopters and planes but it sure seems like it’s high (at least relative to commercial flights).
Well, you basically become uninsurable for life insurance purposes if that tells you anything.

Generally with crashes of either they're almost always caused by human error and you very rarely walk away.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: GTO and isudoc03

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm going to guess that TMZ was following him or was covering him today and knew he got on the helicopter. But no one else is confirming now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I was never a fan of the guy during the prime of his career (probably because of my hate for the Lakers in addition to Shaq jilting the Magic for them - or at least that was my "as a kid feels" until the story was explained better after the fact), but I really began to respect him and his accomplishments towards the end of his career and now.

yea I was similar, Laker hater for sure but as he got older, I really respected him. He wasn't MJ but he was cold blooded as anyone else I've seen. It's hitting me a little harder than I would have expected.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
This is so surreal - ESPN still airs the extremely important Pro BowlGame right now.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm going to guess that TMZ was following him or was covering him today and knew he got on the helicopter. But no one else is confirming now.

What are you talking about it's being reported by many people, not just TMZ.

• Friendly
Reactions: cmjh10