Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I went to conferences last night for my son. I visited with 4 of his teachers. Two said that he's very quiet and two said that he's very outgoing.
Probably has to do with who is in the particular classes with him. My daughter can be pretty outgoing in the right environment with a couple of people she knows. When in a class with all new people she crawls into her shell.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
During her break, my oldest daughter has been working as a substitute teacher's assistant at our middle school, generally with special needs children. In this capacity, she is working for my wife. One of the kids that has a high level of special needs (he's a really likable kid in spite of his needs) was talking to my wife yesterday, "Mrs JC, when I grow up I'm going to marry your daughter... but don't tell anyone." Very sweet. As you might have guessed, my wife proceeded to tell everyone at the school.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
During her break, my oldest daughter has been working as a substitute teacher's assistant at our middle school, generally with special needs children. In this capacity, she is working for my wife. One of the kids that has a high level of special needs (he's a really likable kid in spite of his needs) was talking to my wife yesterday, "Mrs JC, when I grow up I'm going to marry your daughter... but don't tell anyone." Very sweet. As you might have guessed, my wife proceeded to tell everyone at the school.
I assume this is the largest middle school in the state you are talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Does he plan to have a bicycle shop later in life?

• Funny

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My wife and daughter are volunteering at a concession stand for a basketball tournament tomorrow. I got out of that because I'm coaching. I'm not sure that I got the better end of the deal though. Actually, this year's team is a lot of fun. The kids get along so well.

So, they made concessions so you didn't have to sell concessions. That seems about right.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Does he plan to have a bicycle shop later in life?
The boyfriend has now figured out that he's going into engineering. He has been accepted at the University of Minnesota. I am now much more comfortable with his choice of future profession and can still appreciate the 4 hour separation.

Reactions: oldman

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Was he rated outgoing in the classes with the hotter teachers?
We are considering signing our son up for an ACT preparation class. He would need to spend a couple of hours on a couple of weekends at school. I've been wavering a bit about it because I'm not sure he needs to spend his weekends preparing for the ACT. He's not trying to get in to super-competitive schools and his practice ACT score was OK even though he forgot his calculator. I decided to see who the teacher was that's leading the course. My question now is, "Can I sign up for an ACT prep course?"

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The boyfriend has now figured out that he's going into engineering. He has been accepted at the University of Minnesota. I am now much more comfortable with his choice of future profession and can still appreciate the 4 hour separation.

So will he have that cute little striped denim hat, and get to blow the whistle?
friendly-train-engineer-heritage-park-DDMHMT.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We are considering signing our son up for an ACT preparation class. He would need to spend a couple of hours on a couple of weekends at school. I've been wavering a bit about it because I'm not sure he needs to spend his weekends preparing for the ACT. He's not trying to get in to super-competitive schools and his practice ACT score was OK even though he forgot his calculator. I decided to see who the teacher was that's leading the course. My question now is, "Can I sign up for an ACT prep course?"
Education should be a life long thing so I am going to say yes.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Never to old to increase your knowledge.

• Funny

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
@wxman1, What's up with Boeing pulling the plug on the 737? Will it be able to be restarted later?

They will be able to restart it at an insanely significant cost. All of their suppliers are already laying off due to it (Spirit Wichita where the fuselage is made and shipped to Seattle has laid off 1,500). They will be getting sued over this for a while. They can't afford for it to not start again.

That being said. This will be the last 737.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron